Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky

Thread: How to adjust Rossi 92 to feed longer cartridges

Boolit Master

How to adjust Rossi 92 to feed longer cartridges

I have a friend who purchased a new Rossi 92. He cannot feed 44 Magnum bullets heavier than 240 grs. I have seen post on how to adjust the length for model 94's but need to know how to adjust a model 92 any help would be greatly appreciated
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Isn't there a DVD about how to slick these things up and get them to feed longer rounds? I was supposed to get a copy but it never showed up.

Go to the Rossi Rifleman forum and you will get your information. I believe you will have to file back the shell stop on the carrier to allow for the added lenght. As for the DVD, it is put out by Steve Gunz, web site is www.stevesgunz.com who is a Rossi gunsmith in Texas.

Boolit Master
    Filing the shell stop on the carrier MAY be needed, but I'd suggest making sure that the guides are set right first.... There's a little slop in the mount screws, and sometimes you can get long round reliable feeding by just making sure that they're as far back as possible while still being even with each other (mine fed the 45-270-SAA by doing this, later I did a little filing just for insurance.....)

Dan

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the input folks. I forwarded the info to my buddy and he reports that he can now feed the cartridges very smoothly in his 92. Again, Thank you.

TheMoose
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

I'm glad it worked out for him.

He must not have needed to file/grind the stop back very far though. First off the stop isn't that big. Secondly if the stop is shortened too far it won't hold the rim up high enough when the carrier snaps up to let the bolt catch the rim correctly.

I know he doesn't need any more help now but this might warn someone else about going too far.
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....