Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another .22 auction shocker

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    If you purchased and kept a stock when it was available, you are still in good shape.

Shiloh
    You should see the faces when I pull out a brick of .22 at the range, and go to town like nothing happened. Seems everytime I go people are wanting to chat me up, and hand me their card these days. Must be rough for those who don't think ahead. I stock up for several years at a time, and even at the rate I shoot .22 now I have about another 5 years worth. Things should be calmed down by then, but I still pick up a box if it is on the shelf at the local SGS. I dont know that I will ever see the 10$ bricks again so I am prepared to pay todays price just to keep things fresh.

Boolit Master
    After contemplating the situation I decided that $5/box or even $7 I get my money's worth out of a box of 22lr. I find an occasional box of simi-target for $3. I have kept my level to the level I am comfortable at. The price is probably going down. I also have noted that guys who were felt comfortable with a few boxes now want several bricks on hand not for resale. I also think this is the expression of the fact that we want and cherish our guns. This is not just a few nuts buying bullets, this is millions of voters talking with there pocket books. Heck, even a lot of liberals and women and minorities are stocking up on guns and ammo. I see bargains under the radar all the time: $9 for a 50 rd box of 9mm, cheap cf rifle ammo. I just bought a Mossberg 500 BRAND NEW at Wally World for $209. If you keep your eyes and mind open there is reasonably priced stuff available. If you want some body else to find it and bring it to you, your gonna pay. If you are going to blow through a ton of ammo, you're gonna pay. God bless America.
    Closest recorded range Chrony kill (3 feet with witnesses)

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    Must be rough for those who don't think ahead. I stock up for several years at a time, and even at the rate I shoot .22 now I have about another 5 years worth.
    Where statements such as the above lose logic, is how does the new shooter just coming of age "stock up" or the new guy/gal just getting into the sport "stock up"??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Bub
    down to my last four bricks of federal bulk. picked up on sale at walmart$8.88 per. i am admitting to being old but not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb in Pa View Post
    Attachment 100989
    Ya just gotta know when to buy it right...............no brag just fact
    I hope there's more to support those shelves than just those gray brackets - or that most of those boxes are empty.
    Avatar - 2006, my oldest son (6'2"), trying to lift the 95lb Cobia he caught at Cape Hatteras, NC from the beach.

Here if I aint gone,, Were there's a gator in the bushes & SHE"S callin my name
    I got a few K of 22lr's left,, hav'nt bought but a 525 Rem GBs & a 333 Fed AM in las 2 years. I just ran across em,, was'nt lookin for 22's,, just powder ; )
    PS I shoot my ole gill gun "Savage" 6a, few time a range trip, the rest in my six shooter 50-60 rnds max.
    H/D

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Where statements such as the above lose logic, is how does the new shooter just coming of age "stock up" or the new guy/gal just getting into the sport "stock up"??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????
    I donated to the clubs youth shoot when they sent out a request for .22. What have you done with your stash to promote the sport?

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    I donated to the clubs youth shoot when they sent out a request for .22. What have you done with your stash to promote the sport?
    Our local youth group applied for the special country lottery from Federal cartridge and was 1 of 30 who won nation wide, we have more than enough for the next 2 years. Prior to that I gave funds to support our local youth group, all done while my wife & I live on a $1500 VA disability. No other Gov. assistance available.

Our youth never wished for ammo during this madness.

Do I meet your expectations?

BTW, My reply had nothing to do with organized youth or other groups, why did you think that?
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master

This morning at Walmart I just happened to pass the sporting goods counter as a clerk brought out a box marked Federal. As the crowd came out of the woodwork, me and two others got 3 boxes each of 550 rounds of 22LR. The next guy got the last box, and 3 others got zip.
    Only once before, in the last 2 years, I got lucky with 3/100 rd boxes.
    Ya just have to be lucky I guess.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by OBXPilgrim View Post
    I hope there's more to support those shelves than just those gray brackets - or that most of those boxes are empty.
    That would be a real mess if those few screws gave way.