WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Shot the Glock 10mm for the first time

Banned

Shot the Glock 10mm for the first time

A while back I purchased a Glock model 20 from a family member that only had a few rounds thru it because the price was right. After purchasing it I read horror stories that told about the tremendous kick and the fact that FBI personal couldn't handle it and this made we wonder just what in the heck have I gotten myself into. Anyway yesterday I took the day off and went out shooting. I took the 10mm with me and finally worked up the courage to fire it. To my amazement the full house loads didn't bother me a bit and a few rounds had me making a 1.25" group at 30yards which I felt wasn't too bad for the first time with a gun I wasn't familier with.

Boolit Master

My cousin daily carries his G20 on the ranch and even use it for hogs. We have ran some pretty stout loads out of it and never had a problem.

I think the one think that killed the 10mm for the FBI was the S&W 1076. I have shot a few of the S&W big bore autos during the time period and all seemed to fit high in the hand and had more felt recoil and lack of follow up shots. The S&Ws just didn't fit the hand, unless large, as well as most Glocks. Big bores I say.

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    Mighty fine gun. Accurate as hell too. Enjoy it. 10mm is my main cartridge now. Have a few pickings

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    The 10MM ammo you buy at Walmart is actually loaded down! The Winchester silver tip is suppose to be the closest to original loadings. The 10MM is capable of moving a 185 gr bullet 1300 FPS which is pretty good and has excellent penetration!

There is nothing really wrong with the S&W Auto the problem was women qualifying at the range and pansy boys in the FBI not being able to man up and LEARN how to actually shoot a pistol! (oh I'm sorry ALL FBI Agents are experts!)

Remember the beauty of the 45 ACP is a slow rolling recoil and a heavy bullet at moderate speeds. However does not have the penetration of the harder kicking full house load 10MM!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Groo here
    For "Real" 10mm try Underwood.
    The thing is , if you want to run HOT or "Nukuler" loads a lot , a spring change and an aftermarket barrel will be needed.

Boolit Buddy

I really enjoy my 20 SF

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Here's my 20 with a Lone Wolf barrel and has a 25 cent trigger job and Novak sights, runs like a top and 17 rds of 10MM is pretty awsome! Wish S&W made the M&P in a 10!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    Here's my 20 with a Lone Wolf barrel and has a 25 cent trigger job and Novak sights, runs like a top and 17 rds of 10MM is pretty awsome! Wish S&W made the M&P in a 10!
    Here's a scary thought, S&W M&P Shield in 10mm ( ouch )
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    The 10MM ammo you buy at Walmart is actually loaded down! The Winchester silver tip is suppose to be the closest to original loadings. The 10MM is capable of moving a 185 gr bullet 1300 FPS which is pretty good and has excellent penetration!

There is nothing really wrong with the S&W Auto the problem was women qualifying at the range and pansy boys in the FBI not being able to man up and LEARN how to actually shoot a pistol! (oh I'm sorry ALL FBI Agents are experts!)

Remember the beauty of the 45 ACP is a slow rolling recoil and a heavy bullet at moderate speeds. However does not have the penetration of the harder kicking full house load 10MM!
    Guess I will just finish my tea and grab my teddy bear and head to bed then.

Banned

I think there puppy dogs to shoot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I think there puppy dogs to shoot.
    To be honest I have heard so many horror stories about the 10mm that it actually played on me. I bought this one because it was a decent price and it came with 450+ rounds of ammunition.

Your absolutely correct as it is a puppy dog to shoot. The loads were max loads and yet the recoil was less in my opinion than my Colt Officers 45acp or a model 23 Glock 40cal. Its a real pleasant gun to shoot and extremely accurate.

I have a picture of the wife shooting it and yes I shot it first. LOL

Boolit Master

Cousin's 10mm is the Lone Wolf longer barrel that is comped, not ported. Like I said, even with the standard barrel, its a good shooter even within 357 mag velocities. And the wild hogs in SEMO don't like it.

Boolit Master
    oh my goodness the 10mm Glock is an awesome weapon I have a model 29 and a Model 20 the model 20 stock and Lone a Wolf Longslide upper with a comp. MiHec 200 grain WFN over a heavy dose of Longshot. I think the single most important option I installed on my slides are Green Lite pipe fixed sights. The recoils is not much of anything at all.