Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My venture into heavy leverguns

Boolit Master

Is that the one with the round nose?
    Yes it is.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    Shameless plug--I have a single cav Lyman 412263 in excellent condition for $50. shipped. If anyone is interested PM me.

Le Loup Solitaire
    I have an original 95 in 405 and reload for it using Lyman 412263 from an older Lyman mold which is single cavity. It casts at .413 which is the proper diameter. For a while I used brass made by fireforming 30-40 Krag cases but they were 1/4" too short; then Hornady started to make correct brass. You can load up to around 2200 fps (max) which is factory spec according to an older Lyman manual. It will deliver something around 3200-3300 ft/pounds at the muzzle which is plenty of smack for anything in the western hemisphere, and it is not a gentle loading at the other end either...especially if you have a curved butt plate. LLS

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    Anyone know if a tang sight can be put on this rifle? I'm going to accurate right now.........................

Art
    Yes but the reproduction Lyman sight made by Peabody is a superior solution and costs about the same. You don't have some delicate stem sticking up in the air and in the way of your grip etc.

Boolit Master
    Wickyd,

You were certainly in the right place at the right time.

Even refinished and restocked, you got a really great deal. Contrary to what Elmer Keith thought of the look of the model '95, I think it looks very elegant. Most importantly, they're a joy to shoot.

I once got the attention of a Range Master by putting 5 rounds of 30-06 in an approx 12 foot diameter circle at a measured 700 yards, shooting an original model '95 with a Lyman 41 receiver sight, off-hand, while standing.

For someone with old guy eyes and quite shaky in the hands, I was pretty happy.

You're gonna have a ball with that rifle.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

The fun has started.Now to get some more bullets.
    i have a mold on the way just have to get a sizer.
    rigged up a few dummy rounds just so i could run them thru the action here at the house.
    I need to figure out how to fix the Lyman 56 peep to come about 3 more clicks right.
    Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Wickyd,

You were certainly in the right place at the right time.

Even refinished and restocked, you got a really great deal. Contrary to what Elmer Keith thought of the look of the model '95, I think it looks very elegant. Most importantly, they're a joy to shoot.

I once got the attention of a Range Master by putting 5 rounds of 30-06 in an approx 12 foot diameter circle at a measured 700 yards, shooting an original model '95 with a Lyman 41 receiver sight, off-hand, while standing.

For someone with old guy eyes and quite shaky in the hands, I was pretty happy.

You're gonna have a ball with that rifle.

smokeywolf