RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually like Paypal?

Boolit Master
    I have a paypal account but I don't use it to collect money, just to pay for boolit molds from Miha and NOE and the rare ebay purchase. I just keep a few hundred dollars in a separate checking account for it. It is handy for that.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

This is a family forum and we intend to keep it that way. Hate speech and foul language no matter how you attempt to use contractions or disguised key strokes is just not acceptable. We all can express our opinions without resorting to their use.

As an aside some of the spam some are getting is an attempt at gaining your personal information and access to your paypal account. Be very careful how when dealing with the emails.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Banned

With certain exceptions, count me out of this forum. I still have business to conclude. We are in a new world of Hope and Change here.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I signed up with them specifically to contribute to Cast Boolits. Now I'm getting their spam daily to my inbox. I keep un-checking the "receive promotional emails" box, then I keep getting spammed and the box mysteriously keeps getting checked again. I'm getting sick of them. I want to continue contributing to this site, but I don't think I'll be doing it through Paypal anymore. I think I'm going to cancel my account. Does anyone actually like Paypal? Is there a good reason NOT to cancel?
    That spam is phishing scam. Look at the source code of the email, select all & copy, then paste into the body of an email titled "spam" or "phishing" and addtess it to after finding the contact email on the applicable web site either spam or customer service email address for your ISP and the Paypal web site address of same type. They will block it sooner or later. You can also find the source email address not the spoofed paypal one and block it in email program phone or app settings as applicable. I recommend doing all above. Putting those suspicious emails in your email app spam (preferred) or junk box depending on if junk is really trash or a spam folder in function will sometimes will eventually fix it also.
    Using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Paypal is kind of like my plumbing. I don't think about it often. Just happy that it works.

Beats the daylights out of going to the post office to get a money order for people who won't do Paypal.

Yeah, they've got some undesirable stances, but so does just about every other form of payment.

dale in Louisiana

Boolit Master

I use Paypal but never keep more than $500 in my account. Their 3% fee is no higher than what credit card companies charge for the convenience of instantly transferring funds across the country and yes across the world in many countries. For that 3% you get some consumer protection. I don't get many emails from them, (what is a spam email is open to discussion), certainly no more than I get from my Credit Union, ISP, gas & electric utility and many other orgs I do business with.

In the past, and when I resume my business in the future, I will continue to accept personal checks, money orders, and Paypal. Even if you don't have a PP account you can pay someone with a credit card through PP. This should cover the needs of anyone who wants to buy something from me.

The major difference is the time frame it takes for me to be sure I have the payment in hand before I make the product and ship it. With PP I could often get a product in the mail in 24 to 48 hours. Usually I wait until I have deposited the checks or money order in my bank account before making/shipping something, (add another 24 hours) and couple that with the two-three day time for a check or Money order to get through the mail, you can see that using paper through the USPS can more than double the wait. Many folks will wait even longer to ship, i.e. until a personal check clears the bank.

No dispute with those who have different policies and viewpoints, and admittedly I don't agree with all of PP's policies and political positions, but I'm a realist and want to make it as easy as possible for folks to do business with me.

In Remembrance

I like it and don't get spam. We also use it to transfer money to our student son for free. He has a Paypal debit card and can request money, we receive an email to authorize it, and it transfers instantly.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    This is a family forum and we intend to keep it that way. Hate speech and foul language no matter how you attempt to use contractions or disguised key strokes is just not acceptable. We all can express our opinions without resorting to their use.

Bob
    Heck, I never get to see the unacceptable posts.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I don't like them but don't hate them either. I use them when necessary or when buying here the person prefers that payment form. Anywhere else on the web I buy outside of the few regular places I use where I have an account I just check out as a guest.

Perma-Banned

PayPal is like everything else in life. It has it's uses, mostly for the better. Anything can go wrong with anything, so an occasional glitch is not to be unexpected. I also do not receive many e-mails from PayPal itself. I do occasionally get some phishing schemes, which I simply delete.

OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Master

I've read your post the the two below it only. I don't use Paypal, never have, hope I never actually have to. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Grand Master

Using PP can save at least one trip to town, and up to 3 days time, with each transaction. I've never had an email from them except the usual confirmation of a transaction, and the monthly statement.
    No problems, ever.

Boolit Bub
    I really only use it to buy seldom ever sell very handy for a country boy no gas dont have to go to town.

I find it quite useful and run 3 businesses with it. I am grandfathered in to 1.5% refunded every time I use the debit card as a cc and have paid for Pro membership for many years. When I accept payment for goods or services it is there right then instead of days later. I even use their business capital program for instant loans that if you choose to pay back quickly costs almost nothing.

There are many that hate them and since they are owned by ebay they have even more that despise them. I had some problems early on many years ago but by being forceful and direct got it worked out. It is no fun to have your funds frozen and refusal for negotiation but in the end they negotiated have been happy for the most part every since.

They have been ok for me
    Stan Olsen
    DVC
    USPSA L-626

Boolit Buddy
    Never sign into paypal though an email make sure you enter the right address before you sign in I like using them for internet transactions they charge a small percent and save me lots of time also discount on shipping

As for whether I like PayPal or not I deal with it as a necessary evil. I don't like the prices and it was hard to setup the way I wanted when I was setting things like prepayments for CCW classes to make it "easier" for my students. I will say I am still very confident when making purchases with PayPal as I too have used the guarantee to get my money back when I found something wrong with a product and had a hard time dealing with the seller.

I always block (mark as spam and block)anything and everything I don't want or care for in my email. If I want to get info from PayPal I go to the site. As for statements, once you get one you simply make a rule/filter to separate it by the exact email address. After that you should not see spam. I almost never sign up for anything frivolous with my primary email address. I use my throw away gmail account for that.

GunDigest (Yes!) emails to the Primary account.
    Bed, Bath and Beyond (ehh) goes to the gmail.
    Snow, Cold, Rain? Perfect weather for the range! Nobody's there!

Funny that no one else has mentioned this; When you make a purchase using PayPal, the vendor never sees your credit card or bank account number.
    I once set up a computer network for an auto salvage business. The phone guys would log all transactions into wire bound notebooks. If George quoted you a price on Friday, he could go back in the book and see what it was. Everything, including price quotes, was guaranteed for 30 days. Likewise, if you ordered a part by phone, your credit card info was logged into the same book. When the last entry in the book hit 30 days, it was thrown into the back room which also served as the break room for all the Huber prisoners who worked the yard.
    I will continue to use PayPal and deal first with businesses that do.

Moderator Emeritus

I have been using paypal since the mid 90's. They do not send emails very often, policy changes and purchases/received payments is about it. Beats dealing with a credit card processor who can hang onto your money for a week before it deposits into your bank. I have their debit card so if I have a balance I can use it anywhere like a credit card. Have had several cases where I received defective/wrong/no merchandise and paypal has always made good on it. Plus once you have been there awhile if they try to hit you with a partial refund complain, they will usually make up the difference themselves.

Are they good or bad? They are like any other money handling business with good points and bad points.

I use and have had PP for years, never have gotten a thing from them in the email
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison