Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2

Thread: Well, this has been my project for a while...

Well, this has been my project for a while...

I have been working on a tool and a way to market it for a while. Take a look and tell me what you think. I would love any feedback, and if you could he lp spread the word a bit, that would be appreciated as well!

http://www.akgrinders.com

I like it. I've on old 4X36 Dunlop that has not seen much in the way of use since I got in a big PowerMatic unit, still use it for rough-grind on aluminum, but 1 & 2 inche belts would be a nice option...
    Clever.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Thanks. Originally I was planning on building aluminum wheels, so put together a simple attachment to test them. After using the narrower belts on the forward attachment, I decided to upgrade and build the attachment because it was so nice to use. Ordering some more grits to build some things for promo videos. Supposed to be building another custom knife, so that will likely be first up.

Love Life
    That is very neat. Good luck to you and I hope you make a killing on your idea. Did you apply for a patent?

I have had mixed advice on the patent. I don't know about a killing, but I would like to make these available. I would have liked to have one many times over the years. If I can sell a few, I have quite a few more pieces that would make them even better, but there needs to be a market.

Love Life
    I really enjoyed your web page and how you proposed the product. Make the market, and then own it. I'd patent it because I think it is a good idea and product. Now that it is on the WWW anybody who sees it can make one and patent it, then it's theirs.

Thanks for the positive perspective.
    Last edited by Any Cal.; 02-08-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Bump for a cool product......

Boolit Buddy
    Neat idea, but put a picture of the assembled unit on the web page. I didnt understand at all what it was until I watched the video. I almost left the page saying *** is it, it should be obvious what it is at first glance.

Thanks for the input! I really do appreciate any and all feedback!

Incidentally, I am trying to get a few more of these out in the wild, so check out Ebay for a screaming deal on them. They are still priced normally on Amazon and the website.

In a couple weeks I will be building a knife kit on one, and will probably have pics up here in the Outdoor forum.

Boolit Mold
    Any Cal,

I bought one on Ebay and I have made one mod after installing it to make it easier on me to tension the belts when installing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	belt_sander_mod.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	100948

Boolit Mold
    Do you know when a platen will be available?

Awesome! I sent you a PM before I saw your post. Love the initiative!

Very much appreciate the pic as well. I will eat the shipping if you want the platen so you can have them both together.

What sander is that? It may have a bit more capability as far as attachments than the run-of-the-mill 4x36.

Boolit Mold
    Cool, I really want to have the platen.
    It's a Porter-Cable sander, I bought it to replace the 1x24 Harbor Freight that I burned out on my first knife, but it just didn't work. I was thinking very hard about a cheap 2x72 belt grinder, but cheap was still around $1000, something that I couldn't justify for a hobby.