MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Accurate Bbl for Glock ???

Boolit Buddy

Accurate Bbl for Glock ???

What is an accurate aftermarket Bbl for a Glock to shoot lead boolits?

Boolit Master
    My son has a Lone Wolf,that shoots as good or better than the Glock barrel. KKM is also good.

Boolit Master
    We went with the KKM after reading reviews on the Lone Wolf. On several sites, reviews for the Lone Wolf barrels were poor, not on fit, but on accuracy. KKM has their shop up in Mound House NV, close to where we live. We bought one for a Glock 30 across the counter. Demand was so high that it was tough to get one in stock. Quality and fit were great, so was accuracy, better than the factory Glock barrel. Modern clean shop. More than 1000 rounds fired through now. Cost is about $50 more than the Lone Wolf, but they have a much better reputation for a better product.
    Chris

Boolit Master

Jarvis would be my first choice, followed by KKM.

Boolit Master
    I have a Storm lake from my Glock 22, its a very good barrel with over 12000 rounds thru it. Very good leadfree, I shot it for USPSA for over 15 months with it no problems. My KKM in the Glock35 that I had for the last 5 months is also very good with lead.

I have a Storm lake 9mm conversion barrel for the Glock 22 and a Lone wolf 9mm converson barrel for the Glock 35. Both of them seem to shot decent but I get minor leading with them.

The Lone Wolf conversion barrel (9mm) has a tighter chamber than the Storm lake conversion barrel.
    Also the KKM barrel has a tighter chamber than the Storm lake(40). For both of those you have to seat the bullet deeper as a round that works in the Glock and Storm lake barrels does not allways feed in them elsewise.

For my Glock21SF the OEM barrel is fine.

Boolit Master
    I did need to throat ream the KKM barrel to get headspace with cast boolits. I can't speak to the other two brands. Throat reaming would be no big deal to anyone with the reamer already, it is to those who don't.
    Chris

Went with Bar-Sto for my M37 45GAP and M17 9mm. Both shoot better than most "target" model guns. They cost a little more up front but they deliver the accuracy.

Boolit Master

I shoot my water dropped wheel weight cast boolits in all of my Glocks. No leading.

I only use after market barrels for caliber conversion. I like the blind marked Lone Wolf barrels.

Welcome to the forum.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Banned

my stock barrel outshot my wolf with cast and jacketed`

Boolit Master
    The Lone Wolf barrel my son has is threaded. They are apparently their better grade of barrel.It will shoot three inch groups with cast bullet at 25yds.

Boolit Master

Lloyd has a point.

If you want to know what a match grade barrel looks like on the inside, just look down any Glock barrel. See that shiny, glass smooth surface with zero tooling marks? That's what you're looking at. Glock puts a lot of money into their barrels and it shows.

Cat

Boolit Master
    I have LW 40SW and 9MM barrels for my G22 and a LW barrel in my G30SF. I could not ask for better accuracy or performance with cast. Certainly no leading issues and the G22 has the same POI with both 40SW and 9MM.

Boolit Master
    One thing I will say about this Lone Wolf threaded 9mm barrel is it has a tight bore. We slugged it at around .353 We sized the Lyman 147 gr bullets .356 and use Carnauba Red lube.With air cooled WW and 3.3 gr of Unique he gets and average of 3" groups at 25yds and no leading in the barrel.

Boolit Buddy
    same to me accurate and no leading with miha 452-200 swc or rcbs 45-230 rn
    For my Glock21SF the OEM barrel is fine.[/QUOTE]

Boolit Buddy

What caliber i have a used KKM for a G21 i can part with.

Boolit Master

I put a Wilson barrel in a G17. Had to stone the hood to get the right fit.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtonory View Post
    What caliber i have a used KKM for a G21 i can part with.
    Glock G22

Perma-Banned

if you have a gen 3 or 4 you are just fine using the factory barrel. you will gain nothing buying an aftermarket barrel, and in fact you will only be buying an inferior barrel to what your pistol came with.

Boolit Buddy
    My Gen 4 Glock 19 9mm shoots cast with no leading at all and the accuracy is as good as or better than other similar pistols. My factory barrel liked .357 Mihec 125gr but a friends Glock with the Lone Wolf aftermarket barrel has a smaller groove to groove diameter; it seems to shoot well, but I think that the Glock barrel is a little more accurate. My glock barrel has a much better finish inside than the Lone Wolf barrel.

Boolit Master

You have to look long and hard to find a barrel with a better interior finish than the Glock.

There are of course many other factors that go into making a barrel accurate, but that beautiful bore doesn't hurt one bit.

Cat