Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky

Thread: Need a source for Winchester 70 PF/CRPF Magnum Extractor

Boolit Bub

Need a source for Winchester 70 PF/CRPF Magnum Extractor

I am looking for a Winchester Model 70 Magnum extractor for the Push Feed/Controlled Round Push Feed bolt. Winchester is out of the magnums and won't be making any more. I found one place online that does have some, but they want $47.50 to ship me one - seems excessive for a <$7 part.

Anyone know where I can get one for a reasonable price? I ordered a couple standard extractors from Winchester and I'm going to try to reshape one, but I'm not against having the real thing.

Thanks!
    JLarsson - Hunter, shooter, reloader, mostly in that order.....

I don't know about the less than 7 bucks price. I see them at several places from 47-54 bucks.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Bub
    Wow! That's scary. The standard extractors from Winchester are $6.50 each, plus shipping. This isn't the claw type extractor of the controlled round feed bolt. The part in question is about 3/8" square, 3/16" or so thick, with a hole drilled in the center for the retainer.

Here's a picture of a push feed boltface. The extractor is the silver piece in the right side.

Last edited by JLarsson; 03-25-2014 at 10:08 PM.

The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the link. Brownell's has the claw extractors, but not the push feed type. Numrich - Gun Parts has the standard push feed extractors, but not the magnum.

Boolit Bub
    Update - I got a couple standard extractors from Winchester ($6.50 each + shipping) and reshaped one to work with the magnum bolt face. Now I can drop one straight into the chamber and the extractor will push over the rim of the case and engage the extractor groove.

A little polishing of the feed ramp and smoothing the edge of the chamber EVER so slightly, and I think I'll be good to go.