Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just checking in

Just checking in

I know ive been a little absent lately. Figured I should give youns a update.

Cory was (ever so graciously) offered a Honorable, He accepted it. Waiting on seperation orders that should come down any day now. Were told by our civillian and military lawyer that the board looked at the packet and realized they didnt have enough proof to chapter him and that everything was bogus, so knowing he wants out anyway is letting him get out. I am relieved we wont have to live this life anymore, And anxious to get moved. We already have our house, It is in Clarksville TN. Walk out our back door and your standing in Kentucky. I hope and pray everything gets moving so we can just get out of here.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Buddy

Congrats on the win. Good luck with the move.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

What did Cory do or not do?
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    Good job hope it works out good for you.
    jim

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Aaah, that's a door you do not want to open.....
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I hope things calm down now, at least part of it is over!
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

You have to check and see how many castboolit neighbors you will have.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Great news ! Lots o' luck.

Boolit Grand Master

Glad to hear things are going well, hope the move goes safely.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

He should receive much better care thru the VA hospital, if you go that way, they are much different than base Dr. Prayers have been answered compared to 6 months ago. Continue to stick with it you two have overcome much.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Glad things are going to work out for y'all
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Ok, well my recent good update must have jinxed us. Because now more stuff has transpired. Medically.....

On Saturday he was having lower back pain over his kidneys. I pumped him full of water figureing he was dehydrated plus his urine smelled pungent. (Yes I accompany him to the bathroom on occasion, Doesnt all spouses?)
    I couldnt have been more wrong. Sunday he started urinating some blood. Sunday night he had to strain to get the urine out, We heard a clunk in the toilet so me being the curious wife, I looked in the bowl, stuck on some gloves and picked up this rocky looking thing the size of a pencil eraser. Kidney stones.
    He refused to go to the ER, So he went to sick call yesterday, They saw him, Tested his blood and said he has a severe infection somewhere, Sent him for a CT scan and CT told him he has to call today to make a appt after 130 and to not be surprised if he cant be seen for a few weeks. Seriously? He bleeds every time he pees. Its urine with blood following behind after the bladder is empty.
    So he is currently at the ER to get help because there is no way he can wait for weeks. He is still passing stones, None as big as the 1 I examined but if its still giving him this much pain, Im sure theres another large one. His CO doesnt seem the least bit concerned either. I swear this place sucks.
    ~Andrea

Long story short, They said he was awol when he wasnt, We prooved he wasnt. They want him out because he "isnt medically or mentally fit" (He has PTSD and a TBI from a explosion in iraq for which he has a purple heart) so they are chaptering him on patterns of misconduct for the same offense for which we prooved he wasnt guilty, Apparently he cant get a MEB because MEB is full. Its a mess. A big big big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    ~Andrea

Yes the last 6 months have definitely not been my idea of fun. But it has made us stronger. Individually and as a couple. I need him just as much as he needs me. We found a beautiful home there, The schools sound amazing. I am really hopeful things will be ok. I just wish I knew someone there that would take Cory under their wing and help keep him occupied, Im told the 1st 6 months out is the hardest part to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    He should receive much better care thru the VA hospital, if you go that way, they are much different than base Dr. Prayers have been answered compared to 6 months ago. Continue to stick with it you two have overcome much.
    ~Andrea

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2HighSpeed View Post
    Long story short, They said he was awol when he wasnt, We prooved he wasnt. They want him out because he "isnt medically or mentally fit" (He has PTSD and a TBI from a explosion in iraq for which he has a purple heart) so they are chaptering him on patterns of misconduct for the same offense for which we prooved he wasnt guilty, Apparently he cant get a MEB because MEB is full. Its a mess. A big big big mess.
    JAG should get that thrown out thru the court. If he wasn't awol and it was proven, then JAG will eat this up and spit it out.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2HighSpeed View Post
    Ok, well my recent good update must have jinxed us. Because now more stuff has transpired. Medically.....

On Saturday he was having lower back pain over his kidneys. I pumped him full of water figureing he was dehydrated plus his urine smelled pungent. (Yes I accompany him to the bathroom on occasion, Doesnt all spouses?)
    I couldnt have been more wrong. Sunday he started urinating some blood. Sunday night he had to strain to get the urine out, We heard a clunk in the toilet so me being the curious wife, I looked in the bowl, stuck on some gloves and picked up this rocky looking thing the size of a pencil eraser. Kidney stones.
    He refused to go to the ER, So he went to sick call yesterday, They saw him, Tested his blood and said he has a severe infection somewhere, Sent him for a CT scan and CT told him he has to call today to make a appt after 130 and to not be surprised if he cant be seen for a few weeks. Seriously? He bleeds every time he pees. Its urine with blood following behind after the bladder is empty.
    So he is currently at the ER to get help because there is no way he can wait for weeks. He is still passing stones, None as big as the 1 I examined but if its still giving him this much pain, Im sure theres another large one. His CO doesnt seem the least bit concerned either. I swear this place sucks.
    I have kidney stones,get him on a regiment of Crystal Light drink mix on me it dissolves the stones,I drinke it twice a day,along with a table spoon of apple cider vinegar.He will see the effects in about 3 or 4 days.This has no known side effects or will affect any meds that he may take.Look it up on the internet has a lot of good info.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master
    Praying for you, Cory and the kids.
    Keep your head up.
    vern
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by w5pv View Post
    I have kidney stones,get him on a regiment of Crystal Light drink mix on me it dissolves the stones,I drinke it twice a day,along with a table spoon of apple cider vinegar.He will see the effects in about 3 or 4 days.This has no known side effects or will affect any meds that he may take.Look it up on the internet has a lot of good info.
    Don't know about the Crystal Lite, but the vinegar works! If he is bleeding he has torn some blood vessels in his kidney passing the stones. Not unusual but not good if infected. He probably ought to be on an antibiotic regimen anyway if he has torn blood vessels in his kidneys.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

A historical question. Kidney stones can be the governments fault.
    My uncle was a physician so I got really good treatment if I needed medical care. They actually listened to me about my symptoms.
    During the VietNam era a lot of soldiers came back to the US and developed kidney stones here. Being of the same age cohort, had I been using water treatment tablets? was one of the first questions I was asked in the ER. What ever had been in use -flushed out minerals. Stopping that allowed stones to form.

April 18th folks. That will be his last day on Active duty.
    ~Andrea