WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did y'all mount your lubrisizer on?

Boolit Bub

What did y'all mount your lubrisizer on?

I'd like to mount it on some chunk of metal. Steel fine? 1/2"? I'll be using a cheap iron sitting on top. Pics?

Banned
    Mine are all mounted on a 4X8X1/2 inch thick aluminum plate..... that has enough room at the rear to sit a small travel sized clothes iron on. It works great and I have never felt the need to upgrade the system.

Boolit Master

Mine are all mounted on approximately 1 in thick aluminum. Length & width vary according to what plates are available to me but are around 6in x6in. I drill and ream a blind hole in the edge of each to accept a cartridge heater of 25 to 50 watts so I can heat all of them. A small sliding rheostat fine tunes the heat. A piece of sheet cork glued to the bottom keeps it from marring the bench too much. I also glue one of those hard vinyl or nylon discs (used on furniture legs so they will slide on floors) on top where the C-clamp will clamp the plate to the bench the plate.

Bob
    Last edited by midnight; 03-07-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: sp
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Lubrisizer? What lubrisizer?

Boolit Bub
    Midnight, photo?

I mounted my star on a 6 X 12 1 inch thick piece of aluminum drilled it for a capsule heater and mounted a dimmer switch behind the sizer for a temp controller works beautifully.

Boolit Master

Lightbulb

My 2 450's are mounted onto a Lyman heater plate. That heater plate is mounted to a 1" board then to a 2 X 4 that is in turn mounted to my bench. The "bench" is a built-in drawers set in the former spare bedroom. So it has drawers under the Formica top. If the lubber was mounted directly to the top, I couldn't open the drawer right under it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0321.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	97790

The pic shows my answer to heat control of the lube temp. It also gets it up closer to eye lever, good for sitting down to size boolits.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

I use 4"x4" angle iron on the edge of the bench.

Then drill and tap holes in the top of the angle.

I have been using the Lee Mounting Block when I am in a hurry. It comes with one steel plate and two wooden plates.
    They work great for small items like case trimmers and would probably work well for your Lubrisizer.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/113...ench-plate-kit
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master

Name:	Lubesizer heater 002.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	97866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lubesizer heater 001.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	97867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lube heater 002.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	97868WildcatFan: Here are 3 pics. The first two are of my latest one and the other pic is the first one. The heater is a little long but it works fine.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Mold
    Re-assigned grinder pedestal

Name:	P1010027.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	97870

Moderator Emeritus

Here is the 'top' view of my empty 3/8" steel plate, pre-drilled for all the different lubsizers I have. Next to the plate is a black piece of 1x4 Oak with a strip of copper sheet that the Ideal #1 is mounted...heater sitting on the copper. I made the steel plate large, so I could pre-heat the unlubed/unsized boolits on it. This room is 60º or colder in the winter, warm boolits just lube easier and better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Bub
    Great photos, guys. Thank you.

Boolit Grand Master

So I guess I've taken pics of my LAM before because I found this on my photobucket account.

Homemade rheostat controlled heater is slid between and LAM and stainless steel plate thats mounted to the bench. I don't leave presses or sizers mounted all the time so they all mount on the same plate.

i've been switching over to the lee bench plate ( like willam waco typed about ) since i butcher alot of wood i make my own plates , about a year ago a fellow member offered some aluminum plate of the same thickness , i bought enough to make 3 bench blocks and drilled a hole for a cartridge heater ( the one out of my lyman 4500 actually - it btw merely needs it's own wood block as it's set up for the cartridge heater ) 2 of the alunimum plates are reserved for one of my few lyman #45's , the third usually has my rcbs LAM on it ( altho it to is drilled and tapped for a #45 :P )
    i used to use a steel plate ( much like jon_B ) with a thrift store iron on it as well as a blow dryer/heat gun for faster warm ups , there's many ways to heat a sizer ! but also like our compadre jon_B i believe that warmed boolits lube better , clean easier ( namely the base ) and then air cool/dry and end up a wee less tacky
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

I have my star mounted on the oem heater that is mounted on Inline Fabrications quick change plate to use on my Inline Fabrication Ultramount. I also have a Dillon XL650 mounted on one of those plates as well as a Lee Classic Cast single stage. Takes me about 30 seconds to switch machines depending on what I am going to do.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a piece of .135 (10 gauge) steel sheet about 10 x 14 inches bolted to my bench with large countersunk screws. I drill and tap holes in it for mounting all sorts of equipment. It is plenty stiff enough and it transmits the heat from an iron to both Lyman 450s and 45s just fine.
    Last edited by imashooter2; 03-01-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    Both of mine are mounted on a 2"x4"x10" piece of maple, one on each end. Then I mount the maple board in my bench vise when I need to use one or the other. I have a home made heater under the Lyman 450, and use the Lyman 45 at room temperature. Softer lube in the 45.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    Lord, you make me feel so inadequate.

Mine is just bolted to my work bench. Why the need to get all fancy?

Bolted mine to a chunk of busted chair seat. C-clamp that to the kitchen table with a towel between the two, hit the body with a heat gun (carnauba red) for a minute or so when I get ready to size is all it takes.

I already have four presses mounted on my bench, so I did like AZ Pete. I mounted mine on a piece of fir 2x4 and clamp it in the vise when needed. It sure saves space.