WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hornady Pro-Jector trade in?

I called Hornady and they will do the upgrade on my old Pro7. Theye said it would be an additional $25 if I didnt have the powder measure. Just debating whether to keep the measure for $25 or send it in...
    They will also convert my old Pro7 shellplates for $10 each. I may as well since they don't have the spring ball gizmos in them and I cannot use them on my ProJectors. The Pro7 is pretty much stripped down and bare bones.

Boolit Mold
    Wow, thanks for sharing. I have a friend with an old unused projector, maybe i'll offer him a case of beer for it.

If he does and you trade....I would be interested in the brass primer tubes for my other two ProJectors!

Quote Originally Posted by joelitespeed View Post
    Wow, thanks for sharing. I have a friend with an old unused projector, maybe i'll offer him a case of beer for it.

In Remembrance

I called Hornady today about this. Another $25 for no primer tubes or arm assembly. Shell plates are to be sent out to another location and can take 8 weeks or more to get back. They want to know the press serial # when you call to know press age. No idea on how long this promotion will continue. For all this newness will cost me - I`ll stay with what I got!Robert

Boolit Mold
    I'm wondering what they do with the older equipment they get sent. Not important, I guess, just curious.

i try not to think about that...I see sad visions of the local recycler bin...

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese1566 View Post
    If he does and you trade....I would be interested in the brass primer tubes for my other two ProJectors!
    Will let you know cheese..

Boolit Mold
    Alas, he has decided to keep the press....

Boolit Mold
    Does anyone have an e,tra brass kicker theyd be willing to.part with ill pay over market value.

If you ever run one of the new ez-ejects you will never go back to the wire ejector. I updated mine with the new base and auto brass and bullet loaders and was a happy camper until I traded the press for a set of swaging dies to make .224 bullets. If you ever try to modify the shell plates you will find they are hard, to hard to do what Hornady will do for $10.
    Every time I'm about to do something, I think "Would an idiot do this?" and if he would, I do not do that thing

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Stone View Post
    If you ever try to modify the shell plates you will find they are hard, to hard to do what Hornady will do for $10.

exactly!

Money well spent sending them in. I tried on my lathe....no way! My machinist said no way either!
    plus, I found that with each group I sent in, at least one of my plates was returned as a new one factory one in the package. They even upgraded some of my old Pro-7 plates for the same price.

Boolit Mold
    I know this is an old thread but I thought that I would report on the latest program. I called today and they still have the trade in program. The price is $200. If you do not have the powder measure the price is $250. I do not have a Hornady measure as none came with the press. I plan to send my press in to get a new one. For those who did return theirs, how did you ship the press. Does the Post Office offer a Priority box?
    Tom

Boolit Master

Tempting program... but my late model ProJector runs like a top. I'll have to think about this. I got it right before the LNL was introduced so it doesn't have the wire ejector.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master

You didn't ask my opinion, but I'll give it anyway. The LNL is about $400 or less new, so they are only giving you $150 minus your shipping cost for your press. I decided not to send mine in because I didn't like that deal, and converting all my shellplates, etc. was costly.

If they don't ask for your primer setup and tubes that is worth some money to folks like me who still run the press. If you want to sell your primer stuff I'd be interested.

Edit: Also, don't forget about the 500 free bullets as a rebate for buying a new press. I figured that once I factored that in and shipping, I was giving them my old press. Check it out and see. You may want to hang on to it and set it up for a caliber and leave it.
    Last edited by Fishman; 04-06-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Mold
    Not wanting to step on any toes here but, curious as to the value of the primer system on the Pro 7? I got tired of spilled primers and switched to hand priming with a Lyman.

Boolit Master

It's the primer tubes that aren't made any more. They are brass with an aluminum insert for the projector. I paid $25 for a large and small tube from a member here and thought he gave me a good deal.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master
    My dad gave me his old Projector when he bought his Dillon. I prefer to prime and powder separately, so I removed those parts and use the press as a progressive turret to load pistol ammo. It works out well.

It sounds like I should offer the case kicker, primer tubes and powder dump parts on S&S.

Btw, do the new shell plates work on the old Projector press?

Boolit Buddy
    Have 2 of them was gonna trade them in but picked up a LNL cheap, thought it wasn't much of a deal
    if you don't have everything, sure would like to find a shell plate believe no.16 for .223 got the plates for
    45/ .308 family and .38/.357

-Rock

Boolit Master
    I might have a spare #16 Rock. I'll take a look and let you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in Iowa View Post
    I might have a spare #16 Rock. I'll take a look and let you know.
    Thanks I appreciate it...

-Rock