RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: Agi ?

Agi ?

AGI (American gunsmithing institute) Opinions? I am interested in learning to become a certified smith. Wondering about this venue...
    It don't make much sense that commonsense don't make no sense nomore

If you died today would you have lived your life or have you simply existed

Boolit Master
    years ago when I really came to grips with the seriousness of my back injuries I thought of becoming a gun shmidt to help make a living. Every where I went people complained of the quality of the video production itself not the content. I figured if I could not see it or hear it good what advange is to be able to review it. I bought many books instead and I still am not a gun shmidt, but I now know what I can and should not do!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Perm-Banned
    instead of learning how to be a gun smith why not lean how to make rifle barrels, either cut or buttoned. if you set up a one man shop and you can make a good barrel, after a little while you will be busy.

the only competent smith in the area passed away awhile back and folks are having to travel to get work done. would like to capitalize on the opening. doubt it would be enough to make a living but might pay for some of my hobbies. besides what I have done as far as repairs and custom work on my own guns has been quite enjoyable

Perm-Banned
    your on the right track.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I'm pretty much self taught,using books and DVD's to learn from. I think the best of AGI comes from the ones done by Robert Dunlap as the teacher. Bill Wilson has a good 4 video set on the 1911 pistol that show his Smith's building custom 1911's and pretty detailed on how they do it.

Any books or shop manuals by Jerry Kuhnhausen is without a doubt the best manuals ever written! If I was going to go into the Gunsmith business today I would concentrate on one item such as 1911 work or such.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Thx for the reference. I will have to repair the more popular ones to pay for tools and toys but I would like to build custom sharps, highwalls, and leverguns