Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro 1000 owners

I bought a pro1000 from a member here the beginning of December. I never did receive it or a refund yet. So this thread is depressing to me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by freebullet View Post
    I bought a pro1000 from a member here the beginning of December. I never did receive it or a refund yet. So this thread is depressing to me.
    If my experience with a Lee 1000 is any measure, you are better off without it.
    My Lee 1000 has been sitting in a box for years...it will not properly feed primers and dumps inaccurate powder charges.
    I gave up on it....went back to single stage reloading.

Maybe when I am retired in a few years, I will invest the time to completely tear it down and try to make it work.
    Then again, I have this distinct impression that the only way to make it work is to save the mounting bolts to use to mount a Dillon to my bench.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Vaquero View Post
    Tes,

One rule for running any progressive is if it does not feel right "STOP!" And find out why? Do not pull/push on the handle harder!

I would also like to point out that paying attention to what you are doing is a must! Please note: The next case ready to go in the case feeder/slide is upside down!!
    That machine is about 10000 rounds old. The constant pressures while re sizing the 9mm cases is what finally did it in. The upside down case is a result of the part breaking and me moving it out of the way.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

Boolit Master
    Tes,

I am still curious about the carrier failure, 10,000 rounds is still not really a tremendous amount of production. My presses are approaching 100K+ and I have never seen a catastrophic like yours. What does the carbide in the sizing die look like? Are there any signs of galling? I doubt the pressure of resizing 9 mm resulted in the failure, trying to remove the stuck case tore the carrier apart.

Did you open a service ticket with Lee? I wonder if they would replace the carrier for you?

I have noticed .44 Mags is sometimes hard to extract and now use lube about every 5th case otherwise the carrier progressively works its way off the ram.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Started a ticket. We'll see what they do. If I oil the sizing die every 400 or so it is a smooth operation. If I don't it gets sticky. The case's are smooth no scratching from a galled die. There a a lot of glocked cases and those are a hard pull. I figured enough of those sticky cases and the casting will fail.
    They call it "common sense". Why is it so uncommon?

the poor thing wasnt designed for swaging ( ie; glocked cases ) they made and sell the grx-tool and the case sizers for just such reasons - alot of things will fail when abused
    i always lightly lube my cases - it makes the whole process much much easier and smoother , doesnt take much , as a added thought dirty cases actually run thru carbide sizers better , for some reason they arent as sticky as clean cases ( please dont ask me the theory behind it but it's there ) since i clean my cases i give them a lil lube ( very light spray of hornady one shot - it doesnt take much )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM