Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remington moving to Huntsville, AL?

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by captaint View Post
    So good for Alabama. Funny, when Bloomberg get it shoved up his pitutotty, he gets a little pissy, eh ?? Mike
    Just because you typed his name ...
    I'll mention that Bloomberg's club of Mayors Against Illegal Guns has seen so many desertions recently, it may not even exist, anymore.

So sad ...
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    Yes, there is a pervasive attitude from some areas of the country that folks who live in 'fly over country' are uneducated, unsophisticated dolts. That simply is not true. That northeast and left coast elitist sentiment does not wash well with conservative Americans. We see through it. Global warming, green environment, common core, gay marriage, and some such are nothing more that veiled attempts at controlling the masses, when in fact what should be happening is encouragement toward individual independence. We might live in the same country, but there are a lot of people who do not think American, like the Founders intended. Antiquated and quaint? Hardly.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Grand Master
    There are many in "fly over" country who prefer to be thought of that way. It helps keep the masses from the east and west coast from moving here and screwing things up.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Grand Master

Here's a little tidbit of information. Most people in the NE don't have the attitudes you think we do. Most of the area is rural w/ the same conservative sensibilities the people in "fly over country" have. There just happens to be numerous large urban areas here and we know what they suffer from. And urban areas in other parts of the country have the same problems and lean liberal just like here.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sadly you are at the whims of the big cities, the cesspools that they are.

Our biggest city isn't but 400 K and we think it is too big!
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Damn straight.

I keep writing letters to Mossberg, Colt and Smith & Wesson informing that so long as they remain rooted in enemy territory, neither myself nor anyone in my family will ever purchase a new product from them.

When Beretta gets set up and operational in Tennessee, I'll be buying my wife and both grown daughters Beretta firearms just to make a point and support the move.

Likewise, I'll buy some Magpul magazines when they get cleared out of Colorado--and I don't even own an AR-15 and have no intention of ever doing so. But I'll buy a few magazines and give them out as birthday and Christmas presents just to show support.

While Google has not always been my friend, it would be your best friend. They have moved out of my state of residences to build in Wyoming & lead their company in Texas.

While I understand all this is happening, sometimes I have to ask.... When do we stand and fight? This liberalism, anti-2A sentiment will only keep spreading. Look at what happened in Colorado and other surprising places. It will only be a matter of time before they start hitting other states. We can either keep running only to help in the spread of this disease or we can stand and fight. The choice is ours.
    (Had to get that out of my system.)
    Mickey Mouse School of Combat Graduate

Boolit Master

Wow, that escalated quickly, from Remington moving to gay marriage and the Founding Fathers. All in four pages.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    The South may win the war yet.
    Yankees 1, Confederates 0, Half-time.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
    Lefty that would put dozens of gun righters out of work. You would be taking one of there staple subjects away. "How to make your Remington shoot better." Next you will want to take away comparing the 38 spl to the 9mm.
    Bill
    What was I thinking!
    Thanks for setting me straight Bill!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    Not too worried. All the inbreds have to get together and figure out which religion to follow first.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post

While I understand all this is happening, sometimes I have to ask.... When do we stand and fight? This liberalism, anti-2A sentiment will only keep spreading. Look at what happened in Colorado and other surprising places. It will only be a matter of time before they start hitting other states. We can either keep running only to help in the spread of this disease or we can stand and fight. The choice is ours.
    (Had to get that out of my system.)
    My wife and our family has been standing and fighting since the red/blue map of the 2000 presidential election came out. After the 2008 election red/blue map that was published in 2009, we made it a point--and still do--to not travel to blue states. When we fly, blue states are "fly-over" states--we will not land and refuel or stay there or otherwise spend one red cent in them.

Whenever at all possible, we try to make sure that money spent does not find its way back into those states. It is not always possible, but you'd be surprised at how much "Google IS my friend" and how we use to to research where our money goes.

Our mortgage is held by our local credit union. I negotiated an extra .75% rate point to ensure that it did NOT get sold to a bank or holding company or mortgage broker anywhere, let alone outside of a Texas-owned financial institution.

The next truck we buy will probably be a Toyota--made, for the most part, in San Antonio by Texans. We look for foods in our grocery stores that come from red-state owned businesses. We make financial contributions during elections to Tea Party candidates in red states.

We also never miss an opportunity here at home to invite a blue-state transplant to get the hell out and go back home when they gripe out us ignorant "bubbas" here in Texas and the South.

I salute Remington for fleeing the Empire State. I wish the good Second-Amendment supporting folks in New York could all come with them and replace the damned transplants who think Birmingham should be more like Boston and Dallas more like Detroit and so on.

As far as Remington quality? I've never had a problem with them. My 870 Wingmaster has been the most rock solid reliable shotgun I've ever owned, the 700 .308 is a tack-driver and I might just buy that Remington 1911 model when they get set up and going down in Huntsville.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    Not too worried. All the inbreds have to get together and figure out which religion to follow first.
    Say hi to Frank.

Boolit Master

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1616148071/...I1G0JFTLGKCQRF

Wish i could afford to send some folks this book.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Say hi to Frank.

Hi Frank

Boolit Man
    42 gallons in a barrel of oil. $98 a barrel equals $2.333 a gallon for crude. That is before delivery costs, before business taxes, before refining costs, before distribution costs to dealers, before dealer's mark up, before federal and state fuel taxes (40.7 cents a gallon in PA, one of the highest) and some people believe gas should be selling for $2.25. How can they not be embarrassed? I am. It is ignorant absurd comments like those that have convinced much of the world that we Americans are a lot of ignorant fools, bubbas to the max.

The facts are that in constant dollars the price of gasoline has not increased in 80 years. All the increase is due to general inflation and devaluation of the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/1616148071/...I1G0JFTLGKCQRF

Wish i could afford to send some folks this book.
    Funny that you should need a book to tell you how to think!

Boolit Man
    Why would New York City want to be a separate state? They have the best of both worlds now as politically they control the entire state and its resources. Why would the master want to set his serfs free?

Boolit Grand Master
    Kind of like Denver/Boulder area and the rest of the state. Yup, Magpul is moving to Cheyenne, WY and Texas. Hopefully, this next election, we can get rid of a few more Dems in the house/senate, here in CO and maybe change a few things

Banned

Same thing here in California most of the counties are red, but outnumbered by densely populated blue counties.