Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hodgdon updated their data website

Boolit Grand Master

Hodgdon updated their data website

And I don't care for it. I'm only on my smart phone, but I preferred the table index instead of using a filter menu now. Ugh.

Now to try to find my old loads I've used and make sure they didn't change and reprint the load data. Looks like I'll have to pick up a few more reloading guides so I can compare at a glance instead of drilling down through menus.

It don't seem to offer as many recipes as before so we are limited on powder recommendation now.

Boolit Bub

It didn't work for me at all. Back to the paper manuals.

Banned

I feel it sucks, went on it with my smartphone and hated it.

Boolit Grand Master

I concur. I don't understand what the fascination is in "upgrading" a simple interface that works. The new "improved" block load charts are terrible to try to read through. Everyone should use the contact button at the top of the page and let them know. Here is what I sent:

Your new interface "upgrade" for load data is anything but. The block style output is difficult to read on a full size PC and virtually impossible on a phone or tablet. Please bring back the simple table output that allowed a user to see all the loads in a single page width.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

And I just followed that with this:

The more I use it the worse it gets. How could the designer possibly put the left / right pan bar below the load data so that you have to scroll the bullet weight and powder type off the top of the screen before you can move to the right to see what other bullets and powders are available? Terrible, terrible layout. Please return to the old table layout ASAP so that your customers can actually use the site. Thank you!
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Mold
    Agreed! Its horriable. I used contact and sent my disatisfaction per op.

Wow, way way different. This stinks. Was on it two days ago. So sudden without a warning!

Boolit Buddy
    I'm glad I kept some of the analog versions for Hodgdon, Winchester and IMR.

I did not think that the load data I've printed off in the past 10yrs would be so valuable, normally I would through it away, some times it would get dirty or the cat would chew on it. I'm going to through it and put it in binders for future use I wont be throwing it away any more.

Boolit Grand Master

Not being able to zoom in and out and side scrolling for the loads is just dumb. I have an issue w/ all mobile optimized sites. They always suck. Not being able to see the entire load at once is horrible.

Boolit Master
    Tried it from my phone. It sucks. With Firefox on my pc, it appears sooo much better when I hit <Ctrl + -> once to zoom out. This puts the data back into row format instead of those big chunky blocks. Also, if you are viewing the blocks, you can scroll right/left with your keyboard arrow keys. Just make sure that area of the page is "activated" by clicking within it.

bhn22
    Great! We're back to powder puff loads with cast bullets. I ran 357 mag, 158 gr LSWC cast.
    ETA- I just ran 148 HBWC loads for 357, and IMHO some of them are too hot for a hollow base.

Maybe this means they'll start selling real loading manuals again! I have Hodgdon 27, and consider it to be one of the finest loading manuals ever. They even tried to give fair coverage to competitors powders.
    Last edited by bhn22; 02-13-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    don't use smart phone but have a nice laptop, site works well and data looks good to me...JimP.

Boolit Man
    It works from my iPad, but I Prefered the old table listing better. When printed out, they made nice pages you could punch and add to your load data binder. This new page looks like it is supposed to be opstomized for mobile browsers, and when I tried it from my iPhone, I think I confirmed this. It works on an iPhone, and the data is easier to see than the old page. But they should have made a speared mobile site, like brownell or midway has, with an option to go to the full site. If it isn't working from other smart phones,than it obviously still needs work.

Boolit Master
    I hate it when they do that - take something that works just fine and that everyone is accustomed to, and "new-and-improve" it! Just so some IT puke can justify their job (no offense intended to any resident IT types). Be sure to message Hodgdon and share your displeasure with them!
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

bhn22
    "I'm not here to make your life easier, I'm not here to make your life better. I'm here to sell you something!

Super Moderator

Not impressed here either. I liked it when you could scroll through all bullet weights including cast with all powders. Not seeing any cast loads either unless I missed something.

Boolit Master

THAT, along with the ridicules change in the call center, ( hang in there we will call you back )
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Quote Originally Posted by JimP. View Post
    don't use smart phone but have a nice laptop, site works well and data looks good to me...JimP.
    I have to say viewing on my PC, its certainly a different more partitioned view of the data, but I don't see any reduction in functionality when viewing from a PC. Everyone keep calm, spend a couple days navigating to the data you need. You'll probably get used to it and in six months you won't know the difference. I felt the same way when switching from Office XP to Office 2010...I now am used to the new software and recognize the improvement in functionality, but you can bet your donkey that I wasn't too happy about it to start.