RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners

Thread: bought this die/any use one?

Banned

Lightbulb bought this die/any use one?

Hope it will fine adjust easy. Do you use one? Any tips?

Hornaday seater taper crimp die: floating seater stem.

The "real" seater & lite crimp for my 9mm pistol all-in-one. I hope.

Boolit Master
    Works great for me. I use a lot of the same dies in proprietary cartridges. Need a copy of instructions?

Take care

r1kk1

Banned

Yea, hit me back with those instructions please.

Boolit Master
    The three threaded sections remind me of Lyman's old Precision Alignment rifle dies.

The directions for a PA die adjustment may work:
    1. Raise the ram and screw the die body down till it contacts the shell holder. Back off one turn for no crimp.
    2. Lower the ram and insert a case into the shell holder, raise the ram, and adjust the center section till it contacts the case.
    3. Lower the ram, set bullet/boolit into case mouth, raise ram, adjust the upper section to seat for cartridge over all length, and crimp, if adjusted to do so.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    The OP's die is different than Hornady's conventional New Dimension seater die, that the link refers to. I've not seen it advertized, so it must be very new.

Banned

r1kk1, are you loading cast or copper plated? I get tiny shaving with coated lead boolits. OAL great and they will shoot. My 9mm case gage backordered til 10th. I have some copper extremes in the mail. I know they will do great with my drop die (sta. 4) and this hornaday in sta. 5. I'll be zooming, then case gage'ing. I'll make a video.

part# 044177

case gage 9mm will be here fri..
    Last edited by gunoil; 01-28-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Banned

I worked 2 nites on this, with calipers, re-read/re-adjusted. Made some phone calls and l got the hornaday "new demension" 2-n-1 die to work on my cast and hi.tek coated boolits. It will even be easier, & slicker with extreme copper plated bullets. Now l can use my modern 3 bearing 9mm bullet drop die from mrbulletfeeder.biz.... This make's a Lee loadmaster (mikesreloadingbench.com) incredible. There are none of these dies for sale. I found on ebay and it cost me extra 10$ bucks after l called and talked with Hornaday who had none either.

THANKS TO:
    Lee
    mikesreloadingbench.com
    Hornaday
    mrbulletfeeder.biz
    NOE bullet molds
    Jerry & Donnie miculek and their bayoubullets.net
    Hi-tek Supercoat from aussie land down-under.

Boolit Bub

bought this die/any use one?

I also have the same but for .45 Auto. Once I figured out the method to the madness, it works great!
    Last edited by saphelps; 01-28-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    Gun oil I load cast and condom bullets. My dies are very similar to yours but made for a couple of proprietary cartridges - 455 and 410 GNR. Based on the Linebaugh and Cassull case respectively.

I will post pics of the dies when I get home.

Take care

r1kk1

Banned

bhn22
    They're in the Hornady catalog: http://www.hornady.com/store/3-Die-Taper-Crimp-Sets/

I'm still having difficulty understanding how they're making it work.

Boolit Master
    Again, the OPs die is different than a conventional Hornady New Dimension/Custom Grade New Dimension seater die. The picture clearly shows a main die body, a threaded center section, then the threaded seating stem. The conventional die does not have the threaded center section.

The pictured die is not unlike a Lyman Precision Alignment seater die.

Banned

yea, me too, guess its split second timing with what they call a floating seat stem/floating crimp sleeve. Getting some copper extremes saturday. That will be better even.

Bhn22, thats not it! Its in the catalog but i cant even find it (one die) on hornaday web site & l have one.

Here it is again on midwayusa:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/156...ProductFinding
    Last edited by gunoil; 01-29-2014 at 11:23 PM.

bhn22
    Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post
    Again, the OPs die is different than a conventional Hornady New Dimension/Custom Grade New Dimension seater die. The picture clearly shows a main die body, a threaded center section, then the threaded seating stem. The conventional die does not have the threaded center section.

There are words that go along with the pictures in the link I furnished. Did you read any of them? Here are some you may have missed:

Taper Crimp Seating Die

The intuitive design of this die allows seating and taper crimping to be completed in one step, eliminating the need for a separate taper crimp die. Available in 9MM, 40 S&W & 45 Auto.

Boolit Master
    Yes, I read the descriptions and looked at the pictures, and they are pictures of the conventional New Dimensions dies. I use quite a few of them, so am not unfamiliar with the what they look like.

The die in the Midway link, that gunoil posted, and the dies in the Hornday web-site pictures are entirely different.
    Last edited by 462; 01-30-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Banned

Some cant see my amature vid, so its youtube also.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7qO-Epu8o

This die may really dial in with extreme bullets. Excellent coated plinkers so far. Could fly off the handle, sell LLM & buy a 650,hehehe. Oh well! Iam having a blast.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post

Picked my 3-die set at Sportsmans Warehouse but was roll crimp. Taper crimp unit ordered from midway. Each section (above rubber o-ring is an adjustable section) adjusts seperately.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/551...ter-die-45-acp

Banned

l gave up on hornaday die, OAL & case gage'ing not good enough to suit me.

I'll keep workin on it had some shaving, may have to bulge bust this 9mm brass w/ my lee bb kit.

Worked on it again tonite, hornaday combo die sucks. If it want do coated boolits, i cant use it.

Back to the old way:
    http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...psb2b00331.mp4
    Last edited by gunoil; 02-02-2014 at 03:01 PM.