RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Youtube gun channel with cast boolit guest star

Boolit Master
    I am now a subscriber and hope to see more of your excellent work.........Terry

Boolit Grand Master

Good job. I thought the filming was very clear and the background was decent.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I doubt this is your first endeavor with filming but you have a gift for sure. I enjoyed your video and wish you the best.

Boolit Bub
    I truly enjoyed the video. Thank you!

Boolit Master
    I don't watch many Youtube videos, but I really enjoyed viewing that one, nice job.

Two things that I found hard to watch though were when you tapped the side of that beautiful MP brass mold with a stick, rather than the hinge bolt to get the boolits to fall free... And the gangster style of carry. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

If the carry method works for you, go with it. Any gun that I carried close to my skin like that would rust shortly on me, and I would likely drop it in the mud sooner or later while climbing under or over a fence.

I bet you could cut the sprue by hand with that glove however, and a light tap on the bolt rather than the mould blocks would drop the boolit just as easily, and have the added benefit of being kinder to the mould. (that operation may be a bit more difficult to perform quickly on camera though)

Despite those two little nits to pick, it was still a most excellent video. I enjoyed the narration as well as the theme and music you set it to. I look forward to watching your next video as well.

Cheers.

- Bullwolf
    Last edited by Bullwolf; 01-28-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Banned

I really liked the video and i saw where you TAPPED the pins not the mold block. Good job and i am a subscriber.

Andy

Super Moderator

Finally a breath of fresh air from a you-tube video. Most aren't worth watching, this one truly is. Nice job.

Boolit Master

Dang good. I enjoyed it, and will forward the URL to my shooting buds.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

I go along with the others tips, but my tip is for us old farts that have trouble hearing. Your voice "cracks" making it a guessing game for us hard of hearing,(deaf-as-a-post) folks. Since I couldn't "see" you talking I couldn't read lips either.

Otherwise it's a well done video, short and to the point. Keep it up!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Perma-Banned

I thought it was a very good video for the lay person. The only ting that made me cringe was whacking a mihec mold. I just use a gloved hand to open them.

Moderator Emeritus

A great video for sure,
    my thinking parallels most of the comments so far,
    I'd only add one thing, Maybe an actual shot being fired...maybe in slo-mo.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Interesting video right up until you hit that MP mold, made me cringe and then almost fell out of the chair when you hit the pins to slide them out. Didn't see much after that, going cross eyed will do that ya.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Well done. I enjoyed it. I use a wooden handle to break open sprue plates as well. Does not harm a thing.......
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester, VA, but I'm from the better Virginia...WEST Virginia
    I greatly appreciate the compliments, and tips. Seriously, coming from the members in this forum, the compliments mean a lot. I might just have to make another video one day!

...and apparently, You can just open the mihec with a gloved hand... who knew?!? I'll have to try that next time around.

I also thought the voice was a little quiet at first, but the guy who edited it did it on a computer with speakers and a sub said a lot of the lower tones are lost on laptop speakers and such making the voice hard to hear. I plugged in my speakers and it was a lot easier.

Oh, and I really wanted to have a shot at the end too... really, really wanted to, but at my current location I don't have a shooting home, and my buddy wanted to get it filmed the day we did, so no shot...

Boolit Buddy
    Winchester, VA, but I'm from the better Virginia...WEST Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Sharing the video is also greatly appreciated, and will help us on our endeavor!!!

Boolit Master
    Very well done. I enjoyed it.

You need to secure the Loadmaster better. It needs to be solid on the bench.

Boolit Buddy

I am now a subscriber
    What I hand-load; .380acp; 9mm/9mmR; 38/357mag; 45acp;
    223rem(5.56mm); 22-250rem; 243win; 6.5 Grendel; 270 win; 30-30win; 308win; 45-70gov.

on the list to start Loading; 30-06 springfield; 222 rem; 6.5x55 swedish

"You might be a gun nut if you load 45-70 on a progressive press" -HICKOK45<- was he talking about me!?!

---
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    _________________ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Christorbust View Post
    Thanks guys.

There was someone else running the camera. It was mostly shot handheld, but there were a couple scenes from tripod, and I think a few from a sliding rig.

That was the Mihec 359-125 HP or Mihec 9mm -125 HP, a great mold! It was a bummer that the boolit drop shot that got used had wrinkled boolits, but hey they still fly straight out of the nine...
    Great job on the video. I have that same mould and it does drop beautiful boolits.
    Keep up the good work. We need more people to understand what we do.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Interesting video right up until you hit that MP mold, made me cringe and then almost fell out of the chair when you hit the pins to slide them out. Didn't see much after that, going cross eyed will do that ya.

Rick
    LOL, I saw that too. I have had to use a wooden hammer handle a few times on new Cramer moulds to lightly tap the pins until the mould started breaking in.
    I'll agree with another post too. The reloading machine needs to be secured better.
    Overall though, it was a great job.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam