Reloading EverythingRepackboxMCD ProductsTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision

Thread: Reloading slug hulls

Reloading slug hulls

Anybody reload shotgun slugs????

I have a bunch of Slug hulls from brenneke that i need to know if i should be saving. They seem to have a longer brass base then i am used to.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	93673

Can I reload these??? Or better yet, should i reload these??? I picked them up cuz of their longer base....

AG

Banned

High Brass worth saving/reloading. Most any shotgun shell is worth reloading if it is still usable. The high brass is not a gimmick, but it is also not critical or extra special for sane reloading. For sure I would reload them. The high/low brass was more critical with paper hulls as high brass loads were more powerful i.e. more/slower burning powder which could burn through the paper hull. Also used as a way to differentiate between loads with high being for hunting and low for sport/clays
    Last edited by jmort; 01-16-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Boolit Master
    The problem you will face with reloading shotgun slug hulls that have been roll crimped it that they become deformed at the open end unlike fold crimped hulls which are eaisly reloaded. You may be able to straighten them out with a little heat or a shaper... If they are long enough you may be able to simply cut off the distorted portion and use the remainder for reloading.

TheMoose

I haven't tried brenneke but I have reloaded slug hulls from federal, Winchester and Remington and my roll crimp results ain't pretty. I actually had better luck fold crimping slug hulls that had been factory roll crimped. If the hulls are 3" you might be able to trim and reuse them.

BB