Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Take a look at our new Shop

Boolit Buddy
    Oh boy more group buys. Looks great.

Boolit Grand Master

sweet!!!!!!!!!!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

Hey Al, Real nice, guess i'll have too add some more molds to my dozen already. Gus sends you a BIG woof woof too, in dog that means 'really great'.

Made in U.S.A.
    YES - After we get up and running the first order of business is to increase our inventory.
    I would like to see all the "0" go a way too.

Swede Nelson
    The expectation of evil is more bitter than the suffering -OR-
    More people die from worrying about getting ate by a bear then get ate by a bear.

Boolit Master

Cool. Can't wait to see that .45-230-large HP mold come back in stock.

Way to go Al. Can't wait to tour the new diggs.

Hounddog

Boolit Master

This is good news! Congratulations on the new setup, and partner!
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

Boolit Master
    Very Nice !
    Good to see that all of that money I have sent to Utah is being invested wisely !!

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    Very Nice !
    Good to see that all of that money I have sent to Utah is being invested wisely !!

Jerry
    Jerry, You HAVE done a bunch of group buys.

Al,
    It's nice to see you operation expand. I know growing pains are tough.

I am looking forward to the rosy future of boolit casting.

We are living in the golden age of Boolit Casting and quality molds.

Jim

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Nice digs......but since you showed us pictures we are gonna have higher expectations! Congratulations!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy
    great news! we really need and appreciate your services. beautiful molds at good prices.

Boolit Master
    That looks like a nice shop. I used to do the maintenance and tenant improvements on many small business suites like that. The base units were a lot like yours, but some of them were built into all office space (which I did many times) and others were in between. It was fun to see the workings of various businesses and how some products were made/sold. I now work for the family business but our service is half mobile/delivery and the other half is done in a 2.5 car garage that I finished into a shop space. We sharpen scissors, clipper blades, and knives and service animal and human grooming equipment.

I bought a Saeco #315 mold from you last month. It was working very nicely the second time I used it. I was blown away with the weight difference between the 5 cav aluminum NOE and my 4 cav brass 45 SAA MP mold, although the MP also has steel HP pins. I like the MP, but was much less fatigued with the aluminum and I am happy to see that you have so many aluminum molds.

I have done some fabrication work and welding for business and I also do it for a hobby along with automotive work. I can appreciate the quality in your molds and I enjoy seeing how a product is built. I have a few lee molds that don't even come close to your quality and I have some RCBS, Ideal, and lyman molds that are great but still not quite as good. Of course those all seem to be relatively big companies that produce on a large scale.

I thought I read that you had some other machine shops do work for you, but I could be wrong. I was just curious as to how you got into making molds, if you do all the work in house, and how you make each boolit profile. Do you use cherries or can various designs be made with CNC cutters.

If you have a back story, that you are willing to share, or can post more on how a custom mold is brought to life, I am sure many of us would be interested. I have seen some videos on the net of the blocks being made and it looks like routine CNC work. I don't recall seeing how sprue plates are made (I assume more CNC work) or how the cavities are cut. It sounds like this is a small business that may still be young and I am guessing that this isn't the only work that you do.

Good luck with the new shop. Fortunately, you have a great product that should be even easier to get our hands on, and unfortunately, I will probably want more molds than my wallet can handle.

Boolit Master

Looks great Swede! Hope it allows you to increase your business while maintaining your great quality! Tim

Boolit Master

Absolutely outstanding. Congrats on your new shop and equipment! Your Haas stuff should be just about perfect for your needs.

Boolit Master
    Mucho difference then your old workshop! Can't wait to see the inventory!

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations, Swede! It's good to see you doing well. I remember that old saying, "Build it and they will come." It sure applies here!

Really good moulds and really good service, that is a hard combination to beat.

Dale53

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeNelson View Post
    YES - After we get up and running the first order of business is to increase our inventory.

Swede Nelson
    Swede, this is great. I know you got between 6 and 8 molds that I want that are now 0.

Boolit Master
    Al:

Please keep us updated with new photos once you get the ST-10 installed !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedeNelson View Post
    I'm keeping an eye on some of those "0" what is the best way for us to let you know we are after a mold currently out of stock.
    I'm guessing knowing how many people are chasing a particular mold would be a big help in setting production scheduals and run sizes.

Boolit Master
    Congratulations on your new shop Swede and the best to you and your business for this year and beyond!