RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 38 Special/357 Magnum?

Quote Originally Posted by hiram1 View Post
    I had a guy tell me he had loaded 38 s up to 357 because he did not have 357 brass.I told him he was a fool DON'T do this.as i said what if you go shoot and some one shoots one of them in a 38 you owe him a new gun.if it don't kill or hurt him bad.........He was new to loading and i guess i saved his buns i sure hope i did.
    Yes Sir , there's a Whole lota loaders out there doing pretty stupid thing's" , some New Guy's to the game , and some that just plain Know" better , but can't seem to see the cloud's before the mountain , SORTA Speaking anyhow .
    That right there is , the main reason , I don't go to the range when it is PACKED with people ! I like to get off all to myself away from All" shooters , I don't know real good , and ESP: a newbe sittin there with a box or two of reloads , and 0~yeah , you can spot um a mile away if your not blind . Seen 3 different gun's BLOW Up.... All 3 .... rifles.... @ three different ranges in my time , and don't ever want to seen that again , if I can help it , so watch them big crowds boys and girls . Just MIGHT Be A Few sillie people in the mix .

My only revolver is a 357 magnum.
    I have some 38sp cases for loading mini shotshells. These are 38sp pressure loads, safe for either firearm.
    I load down 357 cases if I want to have reduced power loads.
    Last edited by Johnny Boy; 01-05-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: typo

Boolit Master
    I load some .38 for my .357s -- primarily for plinking practice for the kids and the wife. But the kids grew and the wife got used to recoil -- so I don't load much .38 anymore!
    Paul

Same here. I have a Contender and a Hindi in 357Max. I've shot Spl, Mag and Max in them, I also clean them after each use. If there is a carbon ring, I don't give it a change to build into a problem.