MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: bug out vehicles?

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    LOL If we ever have some kind of emergency that requires bugging out, I sure hope it doesn't last long enough to need to start plowing, or at least I hope we have a few months notice, to get the corn up. lol
    If there is ever a SHTF emergency you can be sure this gov will have seized all of the grain etc days before that day.

Only food stamps can be used for nutricional products.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

In Remembrance
    Bbbut Bill that is why every one needs seeds in their bug out pack. lol

all excelent points. i dont plan to bug out unless i absolutely have to. and if i do theirs going to be a few people with me. (aside from my imediate family)

As BajaTraveler said it would be bad here in Southern Cali so I would stay put and see how it goes. I have enough for awhile and a pool to take water from. Then I have my Duramax truck but as LoveLife said my feet. I agree your less of a target if you can get to some decent ground with cover.

Boolit Bub
    I'm thinking Steiger Super Wildcat with 14' dozer blade on the front.
    Seriously, though, I dont really subscribe to the bugout theory.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Bbbut Bill that is why every one needs seeds in their bug out pack. lol
    Most heirloom varieties have a 2 year shelf life at most. After that germination rates are under 20%. Non heirloom will not stay pure even if they do sprout.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man
    If you plant some of the hierloom seeds and get any to come up you can always let one or two plants go to "seed" to replinish your supply. This is the whole reason for using them.

Boolit Bub
    4 wheel drive Honda foreman custom bug out off road trailer with high clearance and 4wheeler tires. Trailer is as wide as the ATV so if the ATV fits through the trailer will too. Keep it short for being able to to take turns with out having to swing wide

Banned
    I'll just be the first gazelle to go but you folks are welcome to my stuff after I'm gone. In the meantime I have more money for stuff because I'm not sinking it into 6 wheel drive deuce and half trucks, small tank farms of diesel and food that I'll never eat.

Boolit Man
    i live in my bug out location so i dont need a bo vehicle

So are you folks saying I won't be able to count on bus service that day?

In the movies they break through barricades, so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmall View Post
    DITTO:

Around here. We have the exact equipment figured out for use in blocking off bridges over rivers and drainage ditches to keep idiots in the cities from bugging out into our homes. I’m not joking here guys. Modern farm tractors are larger than trucks so there. For a turn pike we’ve extendable booms. We have air recon to cover open country infiltration. Plus a thousand eyes.

If there ever is a big earth quake or nuke attack. You’d better just get in line with the program and go where the government tells you to go. If you think you can get in a deuce and a half and swarm onto our farms. We will kill you all dumb asses. Show up in an orderly and lawful manner and we will put forth Christian charity. My wife and I would give your children the food right off our plates then go hungry ourselves. But you charge out here like you have some right to take over. You are dead and you won’t know what hit your stupid collective minded asses. There is no barren empty space awaiting you idiots out in the “country”. We live here.

I’m 150 miles from St Louis. Which is on the schedule to be leveled by an earth quake within my lifetime. There is a plan in place for refugees. Some dumb *** in a deuce and a half full of guns isn’t going very far and if law enforcement doesn’t take the idiots out before they get to me they have failed there job. Big thing with refugee population out of St Louis is who has the sewer and water capacity to take on the population. After a few weeks you should have effluent running down hill. If you don’t your evac plan has failed and sewage is backing up. Any of you guys who can figure out how to make sewage run down hill with an AR-15 please let us in on that.

We can move food. Fresh water and sewage disposal however is a hard thing to do. Her in my town we run a county fair for two combined counties. We have a fair grounds witch has buildings and quiet a bit of bathroom capacity. thus the town has 2,500 citizens then for a few days we have 25,000 people here. One city meeting a church lady had a big idea of helping refugees and making a plan. Well the engineering facts covering sewer system shock load had to be explained. That took all of 45 seconds as it's about that complex. But really that's over talking it by half minute.

Point is effluent runs down hill. Bug out by your own self if you want. I'll guarantee you . If you get out. You'll end up down hill of the effluent.

Our land here is right on the drainage drift. Ditch runs right past the front yard. Toilet do not flush into that ditch. They run into the septic leach bed. Not sure but I'm thinking anything over eight or ten people around here and the toilets would stop flushing after a while. We've never tested it. We grow crops here. You all really don't want to defecate were you eat do you? Well in the end it doesn't matter what you want to do. because we'll for sure not be asking you for your opinion on the matter. Your rights stop at our property line.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmall View Post
    DITTO:

Around here. We have the exact equipment figured out for use in blocking off bridges over rivers and drainage ditches to keep idiots in the cities from bugging out into our homes. I’m not joking here guys. Modern farm tractors are larger than trucks so there. For a turn pike we’ve extendable booms. We have air recon to cover open country infiltration. Plus a thousand eyes.

If there ever is a big earth quake or nuke attack. You’d better just get in line with the program and go where the government tells you to go. If you think you can get in a deuce and a half and swarm onto our farms. We will kill you all dumb asses. Show up in an orderly and lawful manner and we will put forth Christian charity. My wife and I would give your children the food right off our plates then go hungry ourselves. But you charge out here like you have some right to take over. You are dead and you won’t know what hit your stupid collective minded asses. There is no barren empty space awaiting you idiots out in the “country”. We live here.

I’m 150 miles from St Louis. Which is on the schedule to be leveled by an earth quake within my lifetime. There is a plan in place for refugees. Some dumb *** in a deuce and a half full of guns isn’t going very far and if law enforcement doesn’t take the idiots out before they get to me they have failed there job. Big thing with refugee population out of St Louis is who has the sewer and water capacity to take on the population. After a few weeks you should have effluent running down hill. If you don’t your evac plan has failed and sewage is backing up. Any of you guys who can figure out how to make sewage run down hill with an AR-15 please let us in on that.

We can move food. Fresh water and sewage disposal however is a hard thing to do. Her in my town we run a county fair for two combined counties. We have a fair grounds witch has buildings and a bit of bathroom capacity. thus the town has 2,500 citizens then for a few days we have 25,000 people here. One city meeting a naive church lady had a big idea of helping refugees and making a plan. Well the engineering facts covering sewer system shock load had to be explained. That took all of 45 seconds as it's about that complex. But really that's over talking it by half minute.

Point is effluent runs down hill. Bug out by your own self if you want. I'll guarantee you . If you get out. You'll end up down hill of the effluent.

Our land here is right on the drainage drift. Ditch runs right past the front yard. Toilet do not flush into that ditch. They run into the septic leach bed. Not sure but I'm thinking anything over eight or ten people around here and the toilets would stop flushing after a while. We've never tested it. We grow crops here. You all really don't want to defecate were you eat do you? Well in the end it doesn't matter what you want to do. because we'll for sure not be asking you for your opinion on the matter. Your rights stop at our property line.

Way I see the world you wont get to far away from home with a gun in your hand. What you have is your hat in your hand and to deny that is to be a fool.

For those who are considering BUGGING OUT as a primary plan, particularly those living in an urban setting...

If you have a location picked out that is easily accessible, vehicle or otherwise, out in the sticks... Say someplace with natural shelter, game, water, etc... It's likely you aren't the only ones to have that location planned. what contingencies do you have planned for A) getting there and finding you have company (hostile or otherwise) or find your area is being infringed upon?

It's been discussed many times. The amount of duties/details involved with "rustic living" are very difficult or even prohibitive for an individual or even a small group of 4-5. Are you taking that into account with your chosen BO locations?
    Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa and here: www.rescueropes.org

Perma-Banned

If it comes to this you can expect most people will turn into animals after a couple of weeks low on food and water. At that point in my opinion there really is no place to go if you are in a heavy population area like the northeast.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by giericd View Post
    4 wheel drive Honda foreman custom bug out off road trailer with high clearance and 4wheeler tires. Trailer is as wide as the ATV so if the ATV fits through the trailer will too. Keep it short for being able to to take turns with out having to swing wide
    Be sure to get some ultra quiet exhaust and carry some extra gasoline with you and I think thats a sound plan, provided you travel at night.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Is there really a SAFE bugout location?

Tons of preppies with lots of plans and NO real experience will be clogging up the interstate only to set the forest and mountains on fire trying to cook their FIRST real meal outdoors.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by otter5555 View Post
    i live in my bug out location so i dont need a bo vehicle
    Amen! Roger that, me too!

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Is there really a SAFE bugout location?

Tons of preppies with lots of plans and NO real experience will be clogging up the interstate only to set the forest and mountains on fire trying to cook their FIRST real meal outdoors.

there's no real safe location but there are lots of DEFENDABLE locations and in the end, that was my top priority

If you happen upon a naked tattooed savage riding a saddlebred palomino , dont shoot .