RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Please help 300 blackout lee 113 gr. mold

Boolit Man

Please help 300 blackout lee 113 gr. mold

I am about to try some gas checked 113 gr. cast boolits from a lee mold in my 16 in. Carbine 300 blackout ar. Can someone please let me know if they have tried these in a ar. I want to know if they feed and what loading recipe you used. I have found a ton of sub data for this caliber but not much super cast load data.

Boolit Master

Are you referring to the Lee C309-113-F mold? I have not used it but I don't think it will work in the AR platform. Boolit is very short and has a large meplat. The Lee C312-155-2R works well in the AR platform as a number of us here on this forum can attest. This boolit sized to .310 on top of 17.7gn Reloder 7 works well for me.

When searching for loads for the 300blk you can also use loads for the Whisper as these are closely related.

Boolit Bub
    you all must be reading my mind, i was going to ask if anyone has used Lee TL312-160-2R in a 300AAC ar platform. has anyone used the tumble lube one in the blackout.

George

Boolit Master

I have the 300 blk upper coming and so I will be playing with loads for sure. I've used the Lee C309-120 R and a SAECO 321 95 gr RN (weighs 100 as cast) normally used for 30 Carbine. I'm pretty sure there will be feeding issues with those but we shall see when the time comes. I intend to use the Lee C312-155 2R as that one is a proven performer.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Man
    Wow know one has tried the 113 grain mold

Let us no! Give it a try.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by donovansn585 View Post
    Wow know one has tried the 113 grain mold
    I would be very surprised if this feeds well. I have not tried this particular mold but I have tried others with an even smaller flat nose and they don't feed reliably.

For reliable feeding you need a longer pointed nose bullet. The lighter (shorter) the round the higher are the odds that you will have feeding issues. At least that has been my experience.

But if you already have the mold then there is no reason not to try it and see if it works.

Boolit Master
    I've used this mold a bit and love it. But only in bolt guns. Feeding will be the only issue but it's designed for the .30carbine magazine fed rifle.

Lots of folks here shot and like this mold. Mine drops about 123g lubed and checked.

Boolit Master

I bought the C309-113-F mold for the .300 AAC handgun that I built awhile back. I wanted a bullet that was stingy on the amount of lead it used. Since it will not feed from my magazine and I have to manually drop the rounds into the chamber, I guess you could say that it is *very stingy*. It jams when I try to load it from the magazine and ends up putting a pretty deep gash in the bullet. I guess I can still use if for my Encore in .300 WinMag, or in my AR with the mag removed and as a single shot.
    Last edited by NavyVet1959; 06-19-2015 at 02:30 AM.

I am casting it for my 300 blk handi rifle. Not shot enough to say how it does, but I would be suprised if it fed well in a MSR.