RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Bushnell Ar Scope on Mini 14

Bushnell Ar Scope on Mini 14

Im looking at getting the Bushnell Ar 1to 4x scope for my Mini 14. Will the ballistic .223 retical work on the Mini 14?
    Judan

Boolit Buddy
    I recently purchaced the Bushnell AR Optic 4.5-18 for my AR. So far I really like this scope. Their reticle is based on I believe a 55gr bullet and velocity of about 3250fps. The turrets on mine are just numbered which is what I was looking for. The reticle dots work for quick reference but use the crosshair for precision work. Best of both worlds. I have not shot it past 200 but when zeroed for 100 with the crosshair the first dot down was on at 200. The as stated is for a given velocity and weight so if you handload or are getting different velocities than that will effect the results that is why it is only a reference point. So it will work just fine as long as you know what each dot represents distance wise for your given load.

Bret

Vendor Sponsor

No Matter what the mfg says, you still have to shoot the gun at the various distances to see where it is shooting with YOUR ammunition.

I would highly recommend finding a load that suits you and sticking with it. Everytime you change the load, you change the POI. This will drive you nuts.

Generally on a .223 carbine a zero of 50 yds will yield another zero of 200 yards. You will be 1" high at 100 yds. and about 12" low at 300 yds.

Obviously there is little need to correct out to 200 yds and at 300 if you try the first dot down it will be at 1Mil or 3.6 MOA which is close to 12" at 300 yds.

This is what I have done with my Mini 14 however I have a Red Dot sight on it now since the scopes were simply too heavy and added no benefit for me over the Dot site.

Attachment 91082Attachment 91083

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Another to consider is the Leupold "Mark AR" sight.

I have the 1-4X Mark AR on the Mini-14, and it's fine. My Armalite AR15 has the Mark AR 3-9X, which has a trajectory compensator. The elevation turret is calibrated for"55gr @ 3100", and it works great out to 500 yards, which is the longest distance at which I've tried it.

All that's required is a good zero at some particular range..... I used 200 yards. My turret was then adjusted to read"2" and locked.

In further testing, setting the elevation readout at the distance being used gives reliable hits on a steel IPSC silhouette target all the way out to 500, as mentioned above. My load is 55 @ 3097 average... VERY close to what the turret says. Leupold will provide turrets for any reasonable load, if one knows the velocity.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Beautiful stock on that Mini 14 Randy.
    Judan

Vendor Sponsor

Thanks, it's a stock Ruger Gray Laminate one that came on the gun. It is very similar to the one on my RGS77.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com