Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: WC820 in 308 Win

WC820 in 308 Win

I have an 8# jug of WC 820, Lot # 47320that is labeled to use Acc # 9 data. I no longer load for 357 or 30 carbine so I was wondering if anyone had used this powder in 308 Win with 180 to 210 gr cast. Tried a search but no luck.
    Bull Shoals

BS, I've used WC 820/AA #9 in everything from the .243Win. -> .45-70 Gov't. and was very pleased with its performance. Included in this list was the similar 7.5 x 55mm Swiss and 7.65 x 53 Arg. Mau., with castbullet wts. within 5grs. of those you mentioned. Start at 17.5 grs., but do not exceed 21grs. Btw, if you have a pistol powder measure with removable rotors, you may want to calibrate them and then use it to throw your charges.

Boolit Master

Following information I believe was gleaned from Maven, I worked up to the accuracy load in my aught 6 of 21.5 grains of WC 820 (AA #9 speed) behind a 165 grain Ranch Dog Boolit. This is accuracy load in the AUGHT 6, not the starting load. I went a little higher as i remember it, but accuracy fell off.

Reducing according to the relative case volume will put you right in the range where Maven said to start with the OH 8.

It has been great in the rifle loads, but I have not been successful with it in 357 or 44 Mag. I have even used pistol primers successfully in the rifle loads.
    Last edited by TCLouis; 01-04-2014 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Thanks for the info guys.
    Ken

Banned

used to use it back when i was fooling with cetmes. I think 22 grains was the charge with a 170 cast bullet to cycle the action reliably.

I purchased 8lbs last year from GIBrass. Jeff told me to use it like H110. Works great for my M1 Carbine and 300 AAC blackout (150gr bullets, 16gr. = 1900fps)