RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought some new primers!!!!!

Banned

Locally in So Cal when I can find them, around $45.00 plus tax. I'm paying close to $.05 per primer. I'm working on large order for primers via mail to get cost down to around $.03 to $.035

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Fowler View Post
    That's kind of my threshold especially on small pistol and small rifle primers. When I start approaching that number on either, I'll start buying primers again. I started stockpiling after the 1994 Slick Willy primer fiasco.
    Ditto for me. The most expensive primers I have cost me about $22 per K. Many, less $$ than that. Powder, I have a stockpile of many brands, many types, and many pounds.
    Last edited by Down South; 12-15-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    Sorry I did not mention that the LR Primers I bought were Winchester. The last primers I bought before these was at a Phoenix gun show back about 1995. I remember that they were $12.99 a K. Of course I knew they had gone up because I keep close tabs on prices of reloading supplies. I really was not hurting much but I like to keep my supplies at a certian level and my LR primers were a little below that.

Boolit Grand Master

At the Harrisburg show this weekend, you could have all you wanted at $35 - $40 per thousand.

Right now I'm on easy street with Down South and waco, but sooner or later we're all going to be back in the buyer's lane. I doubt that they'll have gone down by then.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

I just bought a thousand CCI SP primers yesterday at a gun show for $25.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    I just bought a thousand CCI SP primers yesterday at a gun show for $25.
    In that situation, I buy 5,000 to 10,000 at a time.

Heh, I'm worried if I have less than 100. On hand... all I can afford is about 3k. It works for me

Boolit Master

At a local gun show this weekend, primers were plentiful (all brands). Although I didn't need any, I picked up some Remington 1 1/2 (SP) for $30 per 1000.

They are $45.95 @ my LGS before tax. I'll pass. I keep a 2 year min supply of everything I shoot. When I start breaking into that, I order another years worth. So this current shortage isn't affecting me much & I shoot pretty much every weekend. I will have to start placing orders next year though, just so I can maintain my min. inventory.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Man
    Bout 40$ at gander mountain. I just stock up at the gun show, usually get em 30-35 there.

Boolit Master

$41.49 is the new $21.89.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master

The LGS closest to the house here is getting 49.95 for Federal, CCI and Remington before taxes. Needless to say I've been buying them 15 miles further down the road at $37 plus tax.

Boolit Master

Heck if you guys just bought 1 box of 5K from Widners(wolf $23.40/K) and paid hazmat & shipping you'd get them to your door for about $31./K total. I bought 10K last week and they were $27.90/K to my door total.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    At the Harrisburg show this weekend, you could have all you wanted at $35 - $40 per thousand.

Right now I'm on easy street with Down South and waco, but sooner or later we're all going to be back in the buyer's lane. I doubt that they'll have gone down by then.
    Think you're right about the price. The primer manufacturers may come down a little but I can't see them dropping the price $12 to $15 per thousand as was the case a year and a half ago. I bought 5K Federal SP primers from Graf a year ago in November for 129.00. I don't think we'll see those prices again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Fowler View Post
    Think you're right about the price. The primer manufacturers may come down a little but I can't see them dropping the price $12 to $15 per thousand as was the case a year and a half ago. I bought 5K Federal SP primers from Graf a year ago in November for 129.00. I don't think we'll see those prices again.
    Nope that ship has sailed with the printing of $85B a month of the US $$. IMO, $30/K is going to be the new norm for domestics, a bit less, but not much, for the Russian or Czech. I got 5K Win LP in June for $30/k out the door, but don't expect to find them for that now.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

i bought some fiocchi LRP the other day cost me about $50 for 1000,

Boolit Master
    It seems primers are back on the radar but some powders seem to missing.
    Maybe Santa will drop some off
    Leadmelter
    MI

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post

Yep I saw them all over the place when I was there. Many said that after Sandy Hook, things would settle back to normal pricing by May 2013. I never saw a company lower it's price when they're selling all they can get or make, at a much higher price.

Boolit Grand Master
    Earlier this month, at the last Costa Mesa Gun Show, I bought 5,000 Winchester LP Primers for 145.99+tax. I could have bought Federal lp, or sp, or CCI for the same price. Not all sizes and makes were available, but what there was, there was a lot of.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

The price of goods haven't gone up as much as the worth of your dollar has failed.
    Thanks for the change BHO.