Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ka BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, Read & Weep

Boolit Master

Ka BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, Read & Weep

Boolit Master
    No chance of that happening this side of the pond. That was one lucky fella!
    ukrifleman

Boolit Buddy
    Buy plastic junk guns and expect to get hurt down the road. My feelings on the matter is if you can't afford a quality gun don't buy anything until you can get something you can pass down to another generation. They will appreciate your Kimber as much as you do now. They never fail and you can stake your life on it.

Love Life
    So much fail. So much....

bhn22

I may be wrong but I don't think that damage to that gun is due to shooting led bullets, seems to me there is an error some place else that nobody wants to admit. I would think (well it don't matter what I think ) just glad nobody got hurt. I mean if it blew the case apart where it was unsupported maybe a case failure, really hot round I don't know. But if you shoot long enough things like this may happen just like driving in a car you never know when you are going to get in a crash.

Boolit Master
    Notice that one responder claims to have seen this hundreds of thousands of times! He also says he never exaggerates. Oi-Vay

H377, any pistol can be made to lead with high pressure hard cast ill fitting boolits with crappy lube; does not have to be a Glock. And the reciprocal is that Glocks with poly barrels don't have to be lead prone.

prs

ADMIN

I would lean towards a powder charge gone wrong....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    I would lean towards a powder charge gone wrong....
    Or a a split case mouth that let the boolit slip way back in the case upon feeding.

prs

Love Life
    If you are mentally retarded, then YES!! You can cause a Glock to kaboom.

If you can read, have solid comprehension skills, have critical thinking skills, and use the scientific method then you will be merrily shooting cast in your Glocks with nary an issue. Reloading, and even shooting, just isn't for everybody.

◦Ask a Question
    ◦Do Background Research
    ◦Construct a Hypothesis
    ◦Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
    ◦Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
    ◦Communicate Your Results

Boolit Master

any gun can kaboom. don't fool yourself into believing otherwise.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seaboltm View Post
    any gun can kaboom. don't fool yourself into believing otherwise.
    I would submit this is true with human errors in reloading but I would also submit, the Glock is a helluva great pistol but.... and this is my bias... if I had a pistol Ka Boom, a steel one is less likely to hurt me than a plastic one. Just saying...nothing against polymere framed pistols , they have good track records.

If nothing else, the threads of lead bullets in Glocks or H&K stimulate thinking.

Ignorance yelled loudly and confidently is often construed as law by the general IGNORANT masses.
    You can't shoot lead in a rifle, It'll make the moon crash into the sun.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by FLYCUTTER View Post
    Buy plastic junk guns and expect to get hurt down the road. My feelings on the matter is if you can't afford a quality gun don't buy anything until you can get something you can pass down to another generation. They will appreciate your Kimber as much as you do now. They never fail and you can stake your life on it.
    ^^^This post has as much fail as the guys whom gun kaboomed. Glock "Junk", Kimber "quality". LOL

I would bet money cast boolits had nothing to do with the kaboom. Probably the guy that loaded the rounds.

Boolit Bub
    Dittos here...
    Quote Originally Posted by prs View Post
    Or a a split case mouth that let the boolit slip way back in the case upon feeding.

prs
    Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, Just as we hope in You.
    (Psa 33:22)
    “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” -John Adams

Boolit Bub
    Well said again...
    As one who has had a "Kabooommmm..." in his past - it most likely "AINT" the gun or bullets: powder or casing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    ^^^This post has as much fail as the guys whom gun kaboomed. Glock "Junk", Kimber "quality". LOL

I would bet money cast boolits had nothing to do with the kaboom. Probably the guy that loaded the rounds.
    Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, Just as we hope in You.
    (Psa 33:22)
    “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” -John Adams

Boolit Grand Master

To each his own, but I believe in mfg disclaimers! Never had a hankering for a glock!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    As much as I dislike plastic guns there's gotta be something else is amiss. Sounds like an improperly fit boolit and poor cleaning practices. If it's the rifling how is it that Shillen, Kreiger, et. al can make the 5r/ratchet rifling and have success shooting...just sayin
    Domari Nolo

Boolit Buddy
    did he say the powder used? generally it is a new person using economical powders that is starting to speed up the process and accidentally double charges. i shoot lead out of the glock factory barrel in .40 all the time. i select powders that fill the case to my oal.

generally it pans out to being something like tightgroup or similar fast burn that had a overcharge that still didn't even come close to filling the case.

800x may meter poorly, but if you overcharge it the case will be overflowing.

glocks get more kabooms because there are a **** ton of them out there compared to steel frames and polymers in general appeal more to people just getting started as they have been historically so much more affordable.

correlation =/= causation.

A case head failure due to an unsupported case head is as likely as anything.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt