RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1911 magazines

Boolit Buddy

I like the Tripp Cobras. They're a little spendy but I think it's money well spent.

Boolit Master
    I've used Wilsons primarily for the last 100,000 rounds or so. 47Ds for business and "Bureaucrats" for fun and games. No complaints, except that the 10 round "Bureaucrats" do wear out after a while. Sides bulge, lips spread and the little step that controls the seating depth starts to bend. I had four of them I used for games. They only lasted 50,000 rounds. If you do the math you'll see that they've each been slapped in something over 1,000 times. And, I'm not known for having a "gentle touch" on anything.
    I bought some Tripp 10 rounders when they first came out. Unfortunately they contacted the ejector in every 1911 I tried them in. Broke the tips off two ejectors figuring that out. When I called Wilson this past summer to find out why I couldn't find any more 10 rounders, they told me they were way behind, so I ground the rear corners off the Tripps and started using them. We'll see how long they last. If Wilson ever gets caught up, I'll buy 4 more of the Bureaucrats for fun and games. At the rate I shoot these days they ought to last me till the end. The 47Ds don't get near that amount of use and I've never had a failure due to one.
    BD

Boolit Master
    thanks guys.

I went with a couple of Colt magazines, and a couple of wolff springs to replace the ones in the old magazines.
    NRA life member

LB