Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: double trigger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead Fred View Post
    Do yourself a favor and do not try and up grade a production gun. Its always more of a pain than its worth.

Double sets are the bomb

Attachment 85823
    Sure not a lot of room for a gloved finger inside the guard.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    I have a TC New Englander. I am to understand that they make a double trigger that will fit my New Englander. Where could I purchase one of these.
    Charlie
    Charlie the short answer is yes you can convert it to a double trigger. And it's not hard. You'll need some parts off a T/C Hawkens. The trigger guard (for the space it provides for the 2 triggers) and of course the trigger set. Turn your New Englander upside down and remove the guard and trigger and it should take you about 10 seconds to note what needs to be done by looking at the new parts. An Exacto knife, a 1/4 in. sharp chisel and a bit of patience will be required. Should take about 30 minutes. Our group has had several single-trigger T/C's converted over. ( 1 New Englander) If you're worried about doing the work contact Jim Cullers at Ft. Chambers Gun Shop in Chambersburg, Pa. and he'll help you out. By the way we've also got a New Englander changed to flint. By the same gunsmith. I haven't had a T/C apart in a while but believe they all have either the cut-out for the "fly" or actually have the "fly" even in the models with single triggers. The percussion lock in the New Englander is the same dimensions as the flint lock for the hawkens model...drops right in. It's not rocket science Charlie...you can do this. Audie...the Oldfart..

Boolit Mold
    Well people, like a real man would I solved the problem. How about a TC hawkins 45 cal. Love this gun, have been shooting a RB with 30 grains of pryo. Lots of fun to shoot.

But want to thank you for all the info, but it seemed more trouble that it was worth and I have always wanted a Hawkens.
    Chatlie