Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: It's an "I've learned my lesson!" thread. Tell us one thing that you won't do again?

Never go out in the woods where wild hogs roam w/o a handgun. being caught on the ground by a herd sucks

NEVER EVER wear an elastic wading belt when wading/trout fishing. That one damn near drowned me when I went down face, and open wader top pointing upstream. The elastic belt just stretches and you fill up with water - FAST. And it is HEAVY! Also never let anyone else use elastic belt.

One thing I will ALWAYS do is wear shooting glasses. Very first black powder trigger I pulled, at age 16, cap splintered and hit my shooting glasses. I would be blind in my right eye had it not been for those glasses. Still have the scar where the cap slide off the glasses and cut my face.

Moderator Emeritus

I do not remember the age but I will not weld or cast in short sleeves again.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Man
    Never sneeze with a turd hanging half way out the back end.
    Not only is it painful, but with the extra force from the sneeze it gives horrible splash back.

If you have to borrow money to pay for something, you can't afford it. Two exceptions: real estate and vehicles.

Credit cards and college are my financial ruin. I'm teaching my kids financial patience.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Buddy
    Never go on a boat with lace up boots, my mother's first husband and his best friend both died with their boots on when the steering cable snapped and they were thrown overboard(mid/late 70's)

Never pour gas from a gas can directly onto a fire, and if you do, don't throw the gas can across the pasture.

Never talk smack to the driver of a cargo van that you're riding in the rear of with a couple of other folks, brake checks hurt.

Never chase after someone who has decided it's time to go, all you'll do is run out of breath.

Never use a backhoe to open a beer can. Daddy and several other elders drilled that one into my brothers and I. I didn't understand it until I was grown though, and still not exactly sure how that analogy came about.

Gun safety, keep your booger hooks off the bang switch. I read that somewhere, and it's stuck with me for many years.

Never tell a cop, when you're less than sober, that he wouldn't be such a bad-*** if he took that badge off. That was a lesson I learned when I was 17 years old and full of piss and vinegar. I took my whoopin' and the officer and I became hospitable towards one another and still have friendly banter when we run into each other at the range.

Never keep your folding money in the same pocket as your car keys, seems to burn a hole a bit faster when you have to touch it more often.

Never run away from the things that go bump in the night, it's hard to see at night, you slowly back up until you're in the clear and then you can run like heck.

Never vote for a career politician, if they've served more than 5 years, it's time for them to retire.

That's about all I can think of for now, most of that is wisdom from dad and granddad, with a bit of personal experience mixed in.
    I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

My Feedback Thread<->http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...7793-possom813

Quote Originally Posted by possom813 View Post
    Gun safety, keep your booger hooks off the bang switch.
    Ha ha love it, I hope you don't mind me taking that one.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Never vote for a career politician, if they've served more than 5 years, it's time for them to retire.
    That one is a keeper. I'm adding it to my "Don't vote for anyone running unopposed; it just discourages competition."
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Never go on a boat with lace up boots, my mother's first husband and his best friend both died with their boots on when the steering cable snapped and they were thrown overboard(mid/late 70's)
    Wow... Reminded me of an additional one. Never tie the drawstring if an Army Field Jacket when in a boat. Swamped a canoe in college, w/ lace up boots and drawstring tied. I was damn lucky to be able cling to the canoe or things would not have been pretty...

And the booger hooks one is great for kids! Bet they remember that one!!!

Play with Vise-Grips whilst sitting *Indian Style*...
    A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Boolit Grand Master

Never vote for a sitting judge!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rick N Bama View Post
    Shoot a Bull in the Cojones with a BB gun while Dad is watching...

Rick
    Right there with you buddy!

Boolit Buddy
    Book a ride with Spirit Airlines. Uncomfortable ,add on fee, robbing buggers.

Hot blue parts using drain cleaner on a BBQ I used to like.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Quote Originally Posted by GaryN View Post
    Keep the chainsaw away from my leg even when it is going slow.
    Been there, done that, got the scar and tore up my jeans.

Twice.

Try to plan ahead when using the chain saw. Bad Things happen when you need to back away from the tree suddenly and unexpectedly.

Reloader 7s max load for a 405 gr, is way to hot for my old arm.

But it does fly right thru 20 inch trees right nicely
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Also, don't use Chinese mouthwash. Took 2 hours to feel my tongue again.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

I will NEVER again try to quick draw a RSB with the trigger already pulled back. Almost hit my ankle.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jabo52521 View Post
    I will NEVER again try to quick draw a RSB with the trigger already pulled back. Almost hit my ankle.
    I was thinking the same thing with my S&W 686.

30 plus empty practices...okay.

One loaded try - shot the ground 3 inches from the side of my foot.

That was 1986- never tried again (loaded or empty).
    What would you have if you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked the Lord for today?

Don't over-warm a Lyman Lubrisizer with a torch. Cause when that .45 cal bullet shears the stuck wax everything behind it will end up on your face, on your glasses, in your hair, in your beard, on your clothes, on the floor.. etc. etc.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Get married. Twice is enough for any fool.