Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Bullet Swaging Company?

Boolit Bub

Corbin Bullet Swaging Company?

Anyone ever hear of this company or use their equipment?
    Seems of good quality though pricey.

Link

Galena Guru

They do a lot of custom loaded ammo , great stuff ..

BTW , yur 375 boolits will be in the mail tomorrow I promise , and I threw in an extra box as promised
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

Boolit Bub
    Good on you Holland Nut... I forgot all about them.

At least 'til I went through the bank statement!

Boolit Master
    I didn't know Corbin made loaded ammunition or even bullets. The company I've dealt with sells presses and die sets for swaging bullets, lead wire, jackets, lubricant and how-to manuals. Kind of pricey for casual use, but pretty good equipment.

Boolit Bub
    Good on you Holland Nut... I forgot all about them.

At least 'til I went through the bank statement!

Corbin doesn't make Ammo. Dave Corbin makes bullet swaging equipment and his brother does also but as a different company RCE or something like that.
    Cor-Bon makes ammunition.
    Regard's John

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Corbin press ... superb stuff. Wish I could afford more of their stuff!

Galena Guru

I sed that

ab yur bank statement has ta look good , yur check jus went in my bank yesterday
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

Boolit Mold
    i HAVE USED DAVE CORBINS DIES AND PRESSES FOR 20 YEARS, THEY ARE OF HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL, AND LAST. I have made thousands of bullets with his dies... I have one of the origianal m presses he made,, You cant go wrong with his equipment....Denny

I've spent hours on their web site reading and wishing but at the present time they're priced a little beyond my reach. However, I do have friends checking estate auctions and such for me w/a shopping list ;o) so maybe later.

Creekwalker

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    creekwalker:

Be sure to check BOTH the Corbins' sites: <www.corbins.com> for Dave's, and <www.rceco.com> for Richard's. Great info!

floodgate

Boolit Mold
    I`v bought alot of stuff from them through the years. All great stuff , and well made. You might on to get on both site, or I should say visit both their sites and check out their specials, that they run from time to time. I bought a few of these specials, and saved over 50%.

bullet maker

Boolit Mold
    As a follow up to my above statement, does anybody know if RCE is still in buisness?
    I bought a core casting mould from him about 6 months ago? and tried to go back on his site, and couldnt find it. Or rather words, I did find it, but there was nothing there, like maybe, he dont have it on-line anymore?
    I do know (and bought) some stuff he had on e-bay awhile back, and wondered if he was going out of buisness at that time, since he was selling alot of stuff on e-bay.

bullet maker

Boolit Master

rce

bullet maker,
    Richard's site is still up.

http://rceco.com/MN.asp?pg=default

RCE is still in business......I think

I placed an order with Richard at the first of the year....as in 3 Jan 08. I ordered a walnut hill press, core mold, .22 jacket goodies, etc. The whole mess to make jackets from .22 rimfire cases. Anyway, he told me at the time it would be 45 days turnaround time. I decided I could live with that for the quality I was going to get.

Well, here we are in.....May, and needless to say, I don't have any dies/press/etc.

I have called and talked to Richard twice, and he is nice enough, just seems to be on a different pace than the rest of the world.

Chris
    NRA Life Member

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed that Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Governments are afraid to trust their people with arms." - James Madison.

Richard is a tad slow although his equipment is top notch.
    Just got my Walnut Hill , 500 dies ,core molds ETC .

RR
    PRACTICE DOES NOT MAKE PERFECT !!! PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT !!!!!!
    HOME OF THE 500 MAGNUM TYRANNOSAURUS THUMPER'S.........

USS SARATOGA CV-60

Boolit Mold
    OK thanks 405

Boolit Mold

Corbin Dies

Good stuff. I've used his equipment with several different calibers. Expensive but it will be equipment your grandchildren can use.

keiht

Boolit Mold
    Both Richard and his brother Dave, are really nice guys, and they are always so layed back. I bet both of them will live to be 100 years old. LOL, I`v never met them in person, but have talked to both over the telephone. I think Richard is cheaper than his brother, on the swaging equipment, but I think Dave has alot more of it, already made and ready to ship out the door.
    I`d love to go up there on vacation and have a walk through the buisness, or have a guided tour, but alas, it probably not permitted.

bullet maker

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bullet maker View Post
    Both Richard and his brother Dave, are really nice guys, and they are always so layed back. I bet both of them will live to be 100 years old. LOL, I`v never met them in person, but have talked to both over the telephone. I think Richard is cheaper than his brother, on the swaging equipment, but I think Dave has alot more of it, already made and ready to ship out the door.
    I`d love to go up there on vacation and have a walk through the buisness, or have a guided tour, but alas, it probably not permitted.

bullet maker
    A friend of mine called Dave a few years ago and asked if it was possible to get a tour. He was told that if he could make an appointment they would do their best to give him a tour. He went up and was able to go through most of the facility. He said they people were really nice to him.
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.