Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Marlyn shutting down?????

Marlyn shutting down?????

Heard some rumors that Marlin is going to shut down mfg. guns. Is this for real or just rumor????OOOPS fingers faster than brain Sorry for misspelling MARLIN.
    CD
    Last edited by leeggen; 10-31-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

It isn't and neither is Marlin.

Marlin was bought by Remington. The old Marlin plant was closed and production moved to new facilities. Many say that quality dropped off sharply after the purchase. They even coined a derogatory term for the new production guns, "Remlins." I have not personally handled any of them, but some making the claim are people whose opinions I respect.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    I just bought a brand new 336 in .35 Rem. It is just as nice as my 336 .30 WCF from the JM days. I have a guide gun that I bought after the Remlin changes and shoots very well, indeed. Just my personal experience

Doc

Perma-Banned

just shot my friends new SS 44 mag and not a thing wrong with it whatsoever.
    if i wanted one i would buy one in a second. cycled smooth and fast and shot great. that is a test of only one, but i was impressed.

In Remembrance
    I think they were basically shut down for a while while they moved and got up and running again. I think they are still not, and may not, offer all the models they were before the buyout and move.

Good to know, thanks gentleman. Yeah wife heard part of a report about Marlin, knew ya'll would know for sure. Sometimes my finger just don't hit the keys like my brain wants. I must have been thinking of Ms. Monroe.
    CD

I have an 1895 that is post Remington. The wood isn't fitted as nice as the pre-rem Marlins that I've seen. I have had no problems at all with the function of the gun.