Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who else misplaces shell holders?

Boolit Bub

I do, ordered some new Components this summer, one was a new LEE shell Holder #4 for my XR Hand Priming Tool, it was in the package, never opened it, now it's gone.
    I have looked everywhere, I just added a new one to a list, I ordered Fri.....

Not me.

Boolit Master

I keep a shell holders in the box with the die set they go with--one shell holder for each set of dies. Also, anytime I see a shell holder for sale at a good price(one that I load for anyway) I buy it, package it in a little plastic baggie and mark it and store in in a box that I have for spare reloading die parts(lock rings, decapping pins, seating stems, etc.). I am getting old enough now that I forget why I went to the basement, reloading room, etc., so even my system is not foolproof. Somebody sure lied about the golden years. james

I keep mine in the shop vac! No big deal to tear open the filter bag to retrieve a lost shell holder or three. It's usually time to change the filter bag anyway.

Boolit Buddy

I tell me wife, when she accuses me of losing things that it's not lost, its just elsewhere. One reason I like my things painted bright orange or red. Did you ever wonder why you find things at the last place you look? That's because after you find it you stop looking for it.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by rattletrap1970 View Post
    Not me.

That's not normal, you'll give the rest of us a bad rep!
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.

I have had the same problem myself and have had requests for such an item. So I made these.

After this pic was taken, those 2 shellholders were misplaced somewhere. True story.
    Performance reloading equipment.
    www.Inlinefabrication.com

Ugh! It's the 0.473" rim dies that make me crazy. I just keep ordering more. I use multiple presses when preparing cases for reloading and use two or three SH at a time per session. ACPs, 308s, 30-06s...you get the idea...seem to hide in the last die box I have left to check.

And many of the SHs I have don't have the mfg's brand on them. Makes cross-referencing a matter of trial and error fitting.

At least Lyman uses an "X".