MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Loving this 155-312

Boolit Buddy

Loving this 155-312

To the AR 300 AAC Blackout brothers. Ya gotta try this 155-312 mold, they are shooting sweet. She is now dialed in for Tx deer season which starts this coming Saturday. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	85618
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf” — George Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

Go get'm cap'n! Put the smackdown on a hog or two as well and take pics!
    Good luck, be safe.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    It's one of the best in Lee's catalog.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes sir indeed , I love it, I've been getting but with great results sizing to .311 . Using 45/45/10 lube, and a gas check.
    “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf” — George Orwell

Boolit Master
    I want to build another AR sometime over the holidays, but I'm torn between 223 and 300. Already have 223 ARs but 300 for casting seems so attractive.

The thing that bugs me is I feel like if I'm not using a can it's a real waste, and a can is such a long wait now... 8 months to a year...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Echd View Post
    I want to build another AR sometime over the holidays, but I'm torn between 223 and 300. Already have 223 ARs but 300 for casting seems so attractive.

The thing that bugs me is I feel like if I'm not using a can it's a real waste, and a can is such a long wait now... 8 months to a year...
    they are plenty of fun to play/hunt with without a can. It's one hell of a hunting round, and fun building the rounds. It'll keep you busy for sure. Good luck

Boolit Bub
    I built mine with no intention of putting a can on it. As it is mine wouldn't stabilize the heavy rounds and I'm about positive subs wouldn't cycle the action. For me 300blk is just the cheapest way I came up with to get a useful punch into the ar15. and the lee 312-155 is my first mold

Boolit Master
    Very versatile mold. I have tried it with good success in; 30 Herrett, 308 Win., 30-06, 7.5 Swiss, 300 Savage, all at .309. And at .312 in two of my Mosins.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master

I agree the 300blackout is a lot of fun. The round is the perfect round to shoot cast boolits.

wcp

Boolit Master

I have to agree, my son has 2 uppers, a 5.56 and a 300, I also have 2 6.8 and 300. The 5.56 and 6.8 rarely get used anymore. The 300 is just fun to shoot. No cans nor any plans to get one.

Boolit Bub
    I use that mold in every 30cal (Mosin, SKS, 2 AK's, 300BLK) except my 30 carbine.
    Its awesome.

Boolit Master

My next mold purchase for sure! I just finished building 2 ARs in 5.56 and have a 3rd lower already to build the 300 blk. I'm getting great accuracy with my cast loads in 5.56 but am certain the Lee C312-155 2R will be awesome with powder coating. 30 cal is much easier to obtain accuracy from cast than 22 and the heavier slug will deliver more energy down range. Yup, I'm looking forward completing the next build!
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!