RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why does it always come down to TSHTF and/or Zombies?

Boolit Grand Master

I don't watch TV, so I have not been infected with the zombie addiction. However, the other day I was at balkandom's house and we were drinking homemade wine and eating fine stilton, triple creme cheese (sigh), and watching this great zombie flick that was set in the civil war! Awesome!!!! The only downside was I couldn't figure out what caliber his rifle was. Either it was a mojo mamma humper, or it was a 30-30 and he used the crossed bandoliers of 458 magnum sumthinorother to protect himself from zombie claws.
    Regardless it was a great flick. Totally explains how the north one the war. LOL!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Grand Master
    I am a 45 Colt kinda guy. I would actually prefer it over a 44-40 as the extra tiny bit of diameter would lead to a larger wound. If you want I can come up with lots of meaningless stats and pull other data from my **** to prove my point. I refuse to back down, concede that my data is bogus, or otherwise relent.

Guys, whatever you do, don't use reloads for killing zombies. Lawsuits will ensue and you will be hung out to dry because you intentionally used more lethal ammo. That is fact, I read it on the internet.

I do have a large stash of old, yet functioning, treadmills on hand. These will be wired such that when placed outside of doors the zombies will walk on them. By having the zombies walk on treadmills it moves the motor and will actually generate electricity for my home! I have a large stash of batteries in my "shelter" and will be able to function for quite a while off the grid.

Boolit Grand Master

44-40 or 45 Colt?

That decision cannot be made as yet. We must sit back and wait to see which one gets the name "tactical" applied to it first.

Since the Calvary had SAA 45 Colts on their hips I guess that would make it "tactical" so I'll take the venerable old Colt.

As for Zombie's, the country is packed full of them. Just look at the results of recent elections. Anybody ever notice how much Zombies love cool-aid ?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Moderator Emeritus

Kool-aid is spelled with a "K"
    and you clearly specified why
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Kool-aid is spelled with a "K"
    Oh yeah huh. Well, in my defense I never touch the stuff myself so . . .

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

bhn22
    Okay, okay. I'll play... I'd take the 45 Colt, no nickel finish. Zombies and other parasites are drawn to bling, and I feel I'd live longer if I didn't have gun bling, or expensive tennis shoes.

Also, Zombies would never be caught dead in Washington. They're too honest about their intentions, plus they have standards. Besides, a zombie would never be able to get a decent meal in any large population area, only hors d' oeuvres. Who remembered the toothpicks?

Attachment 85304

Boolit Master

We deal with our Zombies by voting them into political office. It gets them out of town. In Canada they are protected by law and supported by social programs....
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master
    What are we going to do if there are zombie preppers? Zombies preparing for a day when SHTF and they can take over?

Don't say it can't happen because they don't have brains, look at prepper website for proof that brainless people can be preppers......

Love Life
    God help us all if that is true Btroj. If they ever get molle compatable pouches, then we are all doomed.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by preparehandbook View Post
    snip
    How do I know this? I live 15 miles from idaho, where they give people a militia application when they buy beer.
    I hope it is a "well regulated militia" as per the Second amendment. "well regulated" does mean trained in the context of the time the amendment was written.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

I really like the knock down of the 250gr 45lc and blue finish is nice.Matter of fact my blued blackhawk with 6.5" barrel is one of my favorite plinking revolvers.I like the 44-40 too but dont own one nor have I shot one.I dont like the nickel finish.It contains copper IIRC and I have tons of solvent ,but just about all will dissolve copper.I use the breakfree on my nickle stuff.Hard to hide that bright nickle at night.If things where really rough, I would paint it black.As far as zombies and shtf goes.Its got to be a well thought out marketing sceme.Useing our fears against us.Its kinda fun for the kids too.Just my opinion.

Love Life
    I'm going nickel plated 44-40. That was decided before I started this thread.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for shiny stuff, "Reloader" calbers, and coolness.

I need some more Black powder. Me thinks it is time to do a group buy for the Nevada Area.

Boolit Master

I think this country might well have a "zombie" population, at least by a marginal definition. There is approx. 49% on Welfare or some form of assistance and seemingly they only have a desire to feed and reproduce (zombies to that by feeding). Therefore, when the implosion occurs, the masses will search for "food" in less populated areas (somewhere around my property, ect ) and I must be ready for them to come. So, along with my brace of 45LC's and 44-40 Levergun, I have this:

Let the good times roll

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    We deal with our Zombies by voting them into political office. It gets them out of town. In Canada they are protected by law and supported by social programs....
    Ours are too...

dale in Louisiana
    In cast SHTF, stop by the house. I'm handing out Mosin-Nagant 91/30's and 200 rounds of Iron Curtain surplus ammo to responsible parties)

I think it has a lot to do with people being so freaked out over this corrupt government we have. If things turn bad they believe the brain dead/welfare scum will try to take what they have. Truth be told if things turn bad and we must bug out all those large caliber guns and ammo will be useless to many. I'd rather have a few good small caliber rifles and lot of ammo for them for self-defense and air rifles/cross bows for food/critter getters. Just think about the man that has a few 50 cal rifles and ammo to drag around Vs the man that has a few 22LR rifles and ammo. Who can carry more ammo who has the lighter load and who can use their weapon for multiple uses?

Boolit Buddy
    I Guess if your ready for Zombies,,,, Not a lot your not ready for, hahahahaa

I like the o"l 12gaudge not many of anything ya cant put down and with the 45 at the ready well
    "Dead Zombies"

hahahaha Zombies....

Tho as I think about it,,, I meet alot of "Zombies" most every day now Brain Dead Kunkleheads,,
    esp; in DC...

Patrick
    Trust in God and Keep your Powder Dry ~ Oliver Cromwell

It's Said Republicans want to Pour all your Money down the Drain,,
    Where as the Democrats want a Bigger Drain,

Please Give me 24 to 48 Hours to respond to PM, Thank You

My Feedback, (did I buy or sell to you? Please add your Comments)
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter!

Love Life
    What if we have a The Zombie hits the fan (TZHTF) scenario and a poo apocalypse?

Nobody can prepare for that.

Stock pile Umbrellas and snow shovels comes to mind lol.

Boolit Master
    I prefer a 9mm or 40s&w hi cap in pistols and 5.56 or 308 win in rifles. All standard ammo.
    Be it picking up dead HS,ICE,TSA,NATO,LEO , Military ammo or making my own, I am ready for insurection/SHTF,or Zombies

Boolit Grand Master

Me too! I'm a big fat guy. I could probably catch bullets for three guys the size of Lovelife......and I can shoot too!
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.