Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky

Thread: New cover for the shooting bench.

New cover for the shooting bench.

Just about done building the cover for my bench, used lumber I had laying around dry wall screws and lag bolts. My neighbor was scrapping a wood burner, I had helped her work on her garage and ask if I could take it she was happy to give it to me, now I can have some heat when shooting in the winter and won’t have to clean the snow off the bench. Still have to put a pipe on the wood burner and patch some old nail holes in the tin roof. Got it from my wife's boss for free just had to haul it away, no problem there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails downsized_1021031735a.jpg   downsized_1005031052.jpg   downsized_1005031530.jpg   downsized_1019031356.jpg  
    Last edited by Jjed; 10-21-2013 at 07:35 PM.

I know what you mean about the heat! Seems like I do the most shooting in the winter and it gets tough when the temps are in the 30's and lower. Looking good!

I know what you are saying. you want to test out a new round or something but when you setup at the range the cold make's you loose any interest in a short time and all ya want to do is get warm. there is a sportsmans club about 30 miles from me in Mckeesport pa on there rifle range they have 3 or 4 benches in a block room with a wood burner so you can have some heat when you are shooting, though i would try this at home we'll see how this idea works out this winter.
    Last edited by Jjed; 10-21-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Love Life
    How's it going to stand up in the wind sitting on them blocks like that? Is it stable?

Going to anchor them to the ground with rebar and steal strap’s not done yet.

Love Life
    Ahhh. Year round shade and a heater for the winter. You have it made!!

Boolit Bub
    Looks like you are off to a great little hideaway, only question I have is when can you come down to SC and start on mine!!

Boolit Master

Good start, just one thing, turn you blocks to have the webs up.
    Like you have then they wont hold up, how do I know, almost had a car fall on me.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Smile

Carolina556
    I think that would be a good time, building a shooting shed with you. But with a job a wife, two boys a granddaughter and daughter in law that want my time I don’t think I can make it happen. RED333 the reason the blocks are set the way they are is this area floods from time to time and the water needs to run through the blocks, I’m going to run rebar into the ground to keep the blocks and the post’s from moving, (I hope). Thanks for all the replies.
    Jim