Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police in trouble

I challenge your middle of nowhere, and raise you 5.
    Calling the cops for anything anymore is becoming a very bad and dangerous idea.
    Guns should only be allowed in places where people don't want to be shot.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Ryan Healy of Noble, OK was killed by a Norman, OK PDO trying to kill a snake on a bird house pole.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Boolit Buddy
    Where is Hickok45 when ya need him!!!!!!!!
    He would have fixed that Yote!!!!!

Take care
    Abenaki

If "Gangsta Yote" was hanging out the drivers window of his low riding '63 Impala pointing his "9" sideways... absolutely justified!

Boolit Master

1. Absolute stupidity on the part of the Police Officer.

2. In Las Vegas; the going rate by Metro's "Legal Representation" to make unwanted events go away is $50,000.00. This applies to situations similar to the Coyote in Nashville, "Wrong Address Raids", etc... That amount is given away far more than the public knows each year. Excuse is that it's cheaper than defending in court.

3. I could have some sympathy for the Nashville Police Officer if there had been a pack of coyotes. In the 1970's as a Young Marine on Guard Duty, I was posted to patrol the Armory Perimeter with a 12 Gauge "Trench Gun". During those times, as many older members may recall, we had these peace loving individuals from the Students for a Democratic Society, Black Panthers, and others who loved to visit armories in the middle of the night.

At about 3:00 AM, down the road came a pack of 13 Coyotes. I was surprised when they kept coming even though there was enough light to see me, not my usual experience with Coyotes back in the Panhandle of Texas. As the pack started to spread out and still come towards me, I started becoming a little worried so I yelled - No action they kept coming. I started moving toward them yelling, a few started snarling at that point. As I pumped a round into the Chamber, I began to rapidly assess exactly how many stripes and dollars this was going to cost me for an "Unauthorized Discharge". Fortunately, this particular pack of Coyotes must have come across a Pump Shotgun in their past because they all turned tail and headed off the road and up the hill into the grasslands. Back then, packs of Coyotes were at a high point with reports of attacks on babies and children particularly, but also the occasional hiker attack appeared in the papers.

Mustang

Boolit Master
    I'm hearing and seeing more coyotes in our neck of the woods (suburban Los Angeles/Ventura County line area). Was taking Timber for a walk in the wee hours the other night and had one cross our path (15 yards), stop, and start doing the "hey big, dark and fuzzy, come and get it dance" for Timber. He was, to say the least, quite interested. She stepped up on the curb, laid down and waited. Although Timber was of a different mind, we left her waiting and wanting. We don't let him associate with girls from the other side of the tracks.

The coyote definitely needed to be dispatched. But, as far as the way the cop shot the coyote, she screwed up and presented a more immediate danger to the residents of the neighborhood than did the yote.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQJOE View Post
    Calling the cops for anything anymore is becoming a very bad and dangerous idea.
    Agreed, but every time there is a (what to do) thread on here, that is overwhelmingly the answer.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cliff55 View Post
    Worked for city street dept. When we got calls obout sick or injured animals.we would take the 22 with shorts or cb shorts and take care of it. Calling cops was a scary idea.
    In most cities, you NOT being a cop would mean that you lack the special abilities to be able to wield deadly weapons. They're the 'only ones' with those skills and special personalities to safely carry and use firearms. </sarcasm>

My brother used to be a 'nuisance animal' designee with the state wildlife and fisheries department. He was called about a deer that had been hit by a car. The deer, somewhat damaged, then jumped a ditch and got tangled up in a barbed wire fence. Brother wasn't near home. He dispatched the deer with a clawhammer.

dale in Louisiana

Yep it was in Clarksville Tn. just used Nash. as close location, evryone knows where Nash. is Now the report is that the yote had distemper, as per local heath athorities, first time I ever heard of dist. causing foaming at the mouth, usually foaming from the other end. Still officer used poor safety in the action he took. They did show a pic at one time of the yote lying in front of the officer but haven't seen it sence all the publicity. Guess we have to wait and see the outcome on the last page of the local bloh bloh paper.
    CD

Boolit Buddy
    Had a husky come down with distemper, It came up fast and dog could not stand, (like a balance issue. ) sent in tissue sample , seems like it took a week to get results.

This whole story surprised the **** out of me.
    I had no idea that Barney Fife had moved to Nashville.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Several years ago the CHIRAQ police found a real live wild cougar in someones front yard.

Instead of calling either of the 2 world famous zoos in the area to tranquilize the the cat they sent in 8 - 10 cops armed with handguns.

Local papers and T V featured pictures of the dead cat laying on well manicured grass inside of a metal picket fence and the brave LEOs that protected the citizens.

Not a word about shots fired or damages done by stray rounds.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by w5pv View Post
    His shotgun would have been a better choice,he needs to be required to go back to firearm safety school until he knows the rules from A-Z and Z-A.
    +1 my thoughts but you said it first
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

For the past month or so we have been hearing yotes out in the swamp here. Do I call the state police or the township/borough cops?

I am not sure that I buy that yotes eat pets. My Mom has cats, dogs, horses, goats, chickens and possible some other things that I have forgotten and she has yet to have any of them go missing. And believe me she takes roll call.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Buddy
    As to whether they eat pets, here's an example . Females in heat will also lure your dog to yhe coyote dinner table. How could any male be that stupid http://youtu.be/TQbXSl1ReuQ

In Remembrance
    I have had yotes tear a whole in chicken wire to get chickens, more than once. I have also had to put down grown cows that yotes have gotten to when they were calving.
    I never have lost a pet to one, but the only dog that I owned in yote country made pretty short work of them. They would start singing their songs out in the pasture, and it wouldn't be long before you could listen to a huge dogfight. lol

Boolit Master

Hey, birdman, couldna been Barney Fife. He only had one round ! Maybe that's all this guy should be issued too.