Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you use loadmaster, l@@k below.

Boolit Bub
    Seems like good work being done here.

Maybe ask him(or if he's still in here) if he ever plans on doing some work with the pro 1000? It's a similar system and his mods may crossover.

Boolit Master
    WB, I was actually thinking the same thing. I would like to see if he would be willing to do a run of Stabilizer Plates for the Pro-1000 3 hole turret. The 3 hole turret does move up and down quite a lot.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Banned

Mike is most always in his shop ,a retired engineer. Call him up on the phone. Tell him what u want.

Boolit Buddy
    In the first video where did he get his green bullets from? Sounds like he said youbullets.net

Quote Originally Posted by 3006mv View Post
    In the first video where did he get his green bullets from? Sounds like he said youbullets.net
    He might have got those green boolits from gunoil. They look like the Hi-Tek coating, gunoil started a thread on the Hi-Tek, it's a sticky in the boolit lube section at the top of the page. I use the coating on all my pistol caliber, no more leading, smoke, or mess. Good stuff!
    He probably said bayoubullets.net, they sell the coating, which is imported from Australia

Banned

yea, 3006mv, bayoubullets.net

You've heard of "Jerry Miculek"? His family owns bayoubullets.net. Call: "donnie miculek". swamprat. You can also watch Jerry's many youtubes/a world champion shooter.

Case lube 5000
    Mold lube 500
    Many colors of bullet coatings
    T-shirts

This stuff along with mikesreloadingbench.com has really cleaned up my presses, drop dies, drop tubes,and my skin,etc.. Kinda like wealthy people with dillons and FMJ's. hehehe.

Yea, and its lots of fun. "its shake-n-bake mama".
    Last edited by gunoil; 10-18-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Boolit Master

I just purchased a slightly used (500 rounds) Loadmaster from a friend at a nice price so I can pick up the pace on 9mm. I noted a couple issues pretty quick with setup, one being the indexing was mis-adjusted just a little causing the indexer to bind against the frame as you started lowering the carrier from the top position and it interfered with the first support rib. I also noted the carrier plate had a little too much slop in it and was able to adjust that pretty quick too. I'm planning on decapping with the universal decapper and capping with the Lee Ram Prime on the single stage , which I like a lot due to the feel seating primers, then on the LM, put the sizing die in Stage 1 minus the decapping pin, Lyman M Die in Stage 2, a case activated Hornady LNL PM in Stage 3, Seating die in Stage 4 and Taper Crimp in Stage 5, with no crimp applied, just iron out any remaining flair from the M die. I'm using cast TL356-124-TC and like the M die a lot. I plan on manually feeding the cases and bullets. I'm looking forward to getting this thing cleaned up, lubed and mounted to the bench. I hope it all works out, I was itching for a Dillon BL-550 but could not pass up the deal.

Banned

Jeffg, did u read whole thread? Your sure throwing the loadmaster out with the dishwater. For bout 70$ bucks u can have a great loadmaster for 9mm with casefeed and primer system that works. You should call mike in dallas an talk to him. He's retired engineer an loves to help members/loaders with loadmasters

mikesreloadingbench.com

I bought all his stuff. You will have to mail your carrier and primer trough to mike, real quick turn-a-round and cheap.

And this is old vid without alot of mikes stuff, You should see it now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWJ5T-gNBKc

xds,sig938,lcp,tcp,p3at,g26,sub2000,micro deserteagle
    Last edited by gunoil; 10-19-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Boolit Mold
    absolutely love my loadmaster. the biggest issues I ever had with it, like most I guess, was with priming. more often than not it was due to the case keepers being out of adjustment causing the case to be out of position. pretty much runs flawlessly if the priming system is properly setup and the keepers are adjusted properly.

the case feeder is awesome. it works perfectly out of the box for 45lc and 45 acp. I had a few problems making some rifle rounds feed consistently so I made a little riser device that bolts between the two halves of the feeder pusher to essentially just make it taller, and it works 100 percent. literally cant remember the last case feeder misfeed I had and ive had the press for at least 5-6 years.

properly lubed and set up, its one slick running little motor scooter. I can load 80 45acp (that's how many 45acp cases mine holds) in 5 minutes and change.

currently loading 223, 45acp, 45lc, and 30-06 for a couple of beautiful cmp m1 garands.

Banned

Fbryan, check out mike's site and call him, hes retired engineer and can really give you some helpful tips for your loadmaster. What makes loadmaster smoother is a whole bunch of lil' things. With his mods (dirt cheap) you are better off for a bunch of reasons i did not understand till i got involved. You prob already checked out loadmasterforum.

Boolit Buddy
    Why waste the money to do mods? When you can buy a 550 and IT works like it should out of the box. Im glad I sold my loadmaster boat anchor.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for stopping by loved your positive energy!

Sigh! If you don't have anything positive to add, just move along with out comment. The Op's original post is about helping people who have chosen to continue working with and improving the Load Master.

Just trolling and baiting with snarky comments does nothing to further the discussion, other then boosting your post count. Just another name to add to the ignore list that's all.
    Last edited by 44Vaquero; 10-21-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Op-ed

Boolit Buddy
    Anytime. Im glad I could help

Boolit Master
    Hey 44 Vaquero,

Would Lee be receptive to incorporate Mike's modifications? I mean for them to incorporate them in the future?

I wish they would release a Classic Cast version of the Load-All with toolheads of different gauges.

Take care,

r1kk1

Boolit Master
    r1kk1,

According to my contact the product development team is working on several new ideas based on the 4 Hole Classic Cast platform. What they are has not been revealed. I had mentioned in passing that I was looking at building a Frankenstein Pro-1000 on a Classic Cast Chassis. My thinking being it would provide a much more robust platform than the aluminum unit. It has apparently been a popular thought recently.

So maybe a 4 hole Pro might be in development???? One thing I have noted is the feed angle on the Safety prime is much steeper vs. the feed troughs on the Pro and LM. I am thinking the next generation of Lee progressives will follow suit.

We have to wait and see!

Boolit Master

Glad I read through this thread as I have a LM which is gathering dust and needs a working over to be useful. I have replaced the primer system 3 times and never could get the case feeder to work reliably. I have 5 Pro-100's that run perfectly after some tuning but never could get the LM to work properly.

I essentially switched to Hornady progressives and now have 6 on my bench along with 2 SDB presses. The LM is the only press I could never get to work right and have considered dumping it in the trash. I like and use many Lee products but this unit has been my only lemon in the bunch.

I am quite capable with machine tools and have fabricated many reloading tools and accessories but the LM taunts me. I'll contact Mike and work at getting this gorilla off my back.

Banned

blikeseme, yep hes home rite now, almost always answers phone less he at store or something. You will be happy. I have twin loadmasters working incredible 380's/9's & 45's.

NEWER PHOTO.
    Last edited by gunoil; 10-23-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Boolit Master

Yes, I read the whole thread. Understand there I some things I want to do a certain way. I doin't want to use the case feeder or primer feeder. I prefer top decap and cap separately and don't care that I could do it on the LM. Also, I am using an M die for cast bullets and a hornady case activated measure. I'm very satified with what it's producing at this point.

Have a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by gunoil View Post
    Jeffg, did u read whole thread? Your sure throwing the loadmaster out with the dishwater. For bout 70$ bucks u can have a great loadmaster for 9mm with casefeed and primer system that works. You should call mike in dallas an talk to him. He's retired engineer an loves to help members/loaders with loadmasters

mikesreloadingbench.com

I bought all his stuff. You will have to mail your carrier and primer trough to mike, real quick turn-a-round and cheap.

And this is old vid without alot of mikes stuff, You should see it now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWJ5T-gNBKc

xds,sig938,lcp,tcp,p3at,g26,sub2000,micro deserteagle

Banned

blikseme300, he finished the new long wedge bars, i bought 2.

Boolit Buddy
    Hey 44vaquero..... thought we still lived in america and had freedom of speech.... oh wait... I forget... obama is in office and is slowly taking that away too.. woops... my bad folks. Btw im not trolling around and baiting comments. Its freedom of speech.