Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Banned
    A bit of my history, I grew up without a father, he died in an air crash in France in 1949.
    I learned it early on, if I needed any thing I had to work for it and then go get it!

Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,
    You were not only jealous but blind and could not see where I came from !

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .
    Yet another " Musketeer Ed Hubble "
    I did not fail you, you failed to rise and help !

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Go ahead harbor the evil elements here.
    Your threats to ban me will bear no fruits.
    No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Banned

"Now lets take this one step further, how about switching .678" RB to Lee 7/8 oz Drive Key, keep the same charge to gain even more speed."

Makes sense.

Banned
    A bit of my history, I grew up without a father, he died in an air crash in France in 1949.
    I learned it early on, if I needed any thing I had to work for it and then go get it!

Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Boolit Master

My best performer is a 7/8 oz lee, over 36 gr Longshot, 209 primer in fed. hull, X12X OP, WAA12r wad w/2 - 20 ga Nitro cards, fold crimp, shot out of IC choke 12 ga 870 scoped.Attachment 82877 red box is above load, others are 678 RB with designated charge of Longshot, all @ 50 yds
    Last edited by Hogtamer; 09-26-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Add info

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I will have to get me some of those wads Ajay. that looks like a real good fit.

I am still shooting smoothbore but fit is fit! I do okay with my 0.678" RB's and Winchester wads but those do look nice and snug.

I'll add to the Charles F. Kettering quote with one form Thomas Edison "I haven't failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work". That's about how I was feeling with slug shooting not long ago! Then I found some ways that do work. Still seeking better results though!

I might even try that new fangled rifling stuff one day!

Longbow

Boolit Master

What wads are those? Will they work in 2 3/4" shells?

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Boolit Master

Thanks AJ, I will order some of those as I'm about out of the old Winchester wads I've been using.

In Remembrance

Morning Ajay!
    Reading ur results in #423, are u really getting so many bum loads, esp w Blue dot in the 12ga? 581fps etc?
    What do u suppose is going on?
    C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Banned

"Am I making the mistake of giving too much, to easily, that its not appreciated and that's why no one except one or two family member's only using it."

Shotgun buck/ball/slug reloaders are a small niche group. I'm hoping your work and Ed's will expand the ranks, as nothing is more useful out to 100 yards than a shotgun. My firearms world revolves around the shotgun. I got a .575 round-ball mold on your recommendation. Good call on that one. You have a gift for hard-work, graphics, and clear explanation. I am thankful that you are doing this in spite of your frustration at the lack of appreciation/participation.

As for "Obama Care," you have to be kidding? Right? This belongs in the "Pit," but since you brought it up...The premiums are crazy expensive. Appears to be one of the worst things to ever happen to the country. Obama himself appears to be the worst thing that ever happened to the country. I'm going to a religious sharing plan for about 75% less than "Obama Care." Sorry, but really disagree with you on the ACA, unless you were joking.

Boolit Bub
    Ajay and JMortimer,
    Well said JMortimer. There is always "only a few" of any organization, endevor, or ajenda, that carries the ball for the watching masses. It certainly applies here as is it so obvious that you, Ed, Turbo, Longbow, and a few others, are doing 99.99% of the work. I have taken the info I get here to continue past the limit I was capable of doing on my own. I fit into that 99.99% group as I certainly don't have the technical "smarts" as those afor mentioned. Nor do I have the equipment and mechanical ability like Ed has done for us. Look at all the record keeping and statical info Turbo has and is willing to share with everyone here. So, as a group, we 99 per centers look to you all as the gurus that lead us in our dreams and quests. The real, real, tradgety is that this group sits quietly on their *** and won't even cheer or express an earned "thank you" when one of you post a real breakthrough or a new turn on the road of discovery. I apologize for us (the 99.99% ers) and want you leaders to know that you all are truly Heros for the whimsy, whineing, crying, mass that you carry on your shoulders. Thank you.

In Remembrance

Ajay,
    Might be selfish of me, but i say dont stop your posting!
    I have been sort of out for a bit, with work and whatnot, but i just today finished the test loads for test 5. i will post the line up later and the results soon as i shoot them, inmy usual picture heavy fashion.
    I have some 20ga loads in there, inspired by you and hogtamer, etc.

I read the forum(s) everyday- even if i dont type in and say anything, i still get alot out of it.

I'm still doing alot of info gathering, too. hopefully, this forum, or one of them, will eventually serve and an information encyclopedia for someone new to look up how to load awesome slug loads with available components, and maybe some that are less-available, but obviously are out there or i wouldnt have any!

You're doing good!

C-

btw: you want me to take a deer this year w one of these loads? i was thinking about it anyway.
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Boolit Master

In the last month I have loaded 200 12 ga. 7/8 slugs and 200 20 ga. 570 RB loads that I could not improve upon. Both loads were gleaned from composite info on this site, much of it from this thread! Both loads are devasting and perform great out of MY guns, maybe not everyone's weapon. With the prohibitive cost of ammo I feel good about laying in a supply of BIG LEAD loads, packed nice and tight and dry just in case things really go deteriorate drastically in this country. Oh yeah, forgot 200 loads of OO and OOOO buck that outperform all factory loads I was able to test. So I can honestly say my time here and the info (not to mention the new "virtual" friends of like mind I've made) I've obtained FREE has been quite rewarding. Having said all that, I'm a life long traditional bowhunter and I'd rather put a sharp broadheads through a deer or pig than eat. I may never draw blood with these loads, but if I drop the hammer on something with them, its day is over. Been loading birdshot for 30 years but you guys opened my eyes to a whole new aspect of reloading and I am MOST appreciative!

Boolit Master

This data and your pictures are awesome! I only have the two lyman wasp waisted slugs in 12 and 20 gauge. Just now working with the 20 ga. My 12 ga slugs have accounted for around 20 deer so far in the last few years and I have converted many to it's value and low cost. None of those deer were shot by me! My friends can't believe that a shell loaded for a few cents could compete with their $2-$3 per shot super sabot slugs but after shooting a few they are believers. Now I need to go dig out those large .575 and 0.690 ball molds and get to work.

Boolit Master
    Do not despair, not all of us have started yet. Thank you for this information, soon I hope to start following your lead in this endeavor. I do not like to start a project such as this unless I have the time to put into it. Thanks again and stick with us please.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Bub
    Ajay,
    Another vote of encouragement from me. I read every article posted here. Several times I've read the whole thread from start to finish.

Got hulls, wads, primers, balls, a real bullets... If I could just get my hands on some powder.
    Our Bill of Rights does not say what we can do....it specifies what government cannot do.