MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It has become "that time"

Boolit Master

I don't look down on anybody that is disabled. Especially the ones that paid into the system. It's the people working the system that bug me. The ones that go into the grocery store with their food stamps and then go out and get into their Cadillac Escalade. I also have a problem with the way the government has handled all the money that people paid into the system.

Boolit Buddy

thank sll of you for your writings. I have little prospect for work this week, so will be checking on options. The lawyer for socsec, will not even talk to me till I have been denied the first time. So am looking into state disability.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

We don't have such a thing as state disability. Welfare and medicaid is all we have. There re tons of programs one can apply for. Listen while in lines and the scammers and dirt balls know every place to get a handout and how to game the system! I hear them telling how to not pay your electric bill for months. Then you take your shutoff notice to X office and they will pay it all etc, etc.

As far as the pain pills. I have been to pain clinics, shrinks, massage blah blah. I live with a lot of pain! I hate the friggen pills. My Doc gets mad as I usually do not take as many as he would like me too. It is a vicious circle! Like country gent if I am out and about even setting for a few hours my legs don't cooperate well. Pills take the edge off but your body knows the pain is still there.

I never realized so many of us here were messed up!
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Moderator Emeritus

I fill the prescriptions and stockpile extras for the time that may come when they aren't available. What the doc doesn't know won't hurt her.

Boolit Grand Master

Actually I am on the "lucky" side of disabled, with the MS my pain is minimal my issue is numbness of thre legs and feet also right hand. Makes walking hard especially on uneven surfaces.Cold is a real issue for me as I dont feel getting cold till Im close to frozen. Heat has its effects also. But getting out in the sun helps alot. I can over do it really easily. Im still doing all I can and probably more than I should. You need to pay attention to surroundings and whats going on more, In cold I limit my time out doors, bundle up well, and stay moving as much as possible. Heat is just an issue you cant dress for it easily oor legally (LOL) it drains me of energy quickly. To combat this I keep fluid intake up and try to make use of shade when outside. Learning your needs capabilities is a first step. I worked as long as I could and it got to the point in the summer I would have to stop on the way home and take a nap for 10-15 mins at the half way point. But the biggest thing is to never give up dont give in keep fighting to stay as active as you can.

Boolit Master
    I feel your difficulty. I am not permanently disabled, but recent medical difficulties have me in the similar situation of needing all weekend to recover from the week, and I am usually dragging from Wed. pm to Friday. The good thing is, I think my situation will clear up.

One piece of advice, when you are not working, keep a routine. Having order to your days is beneficial. For a little while in my recovery, I didn't, and my days and nights got turned around, couldn't sleep when I wanted to, had to sleep when I wanted to be awake, etc.....
    Paul

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    I never realized so many of us here were messed up!
    I'm sure every single one who posts here has a friend, relative, or family member that is disabled in some form and many themselves are disabled. The posts are a view of how things are for many people. I have a good hunting buddy that was hit by a tree on the job and had a TBI. He can't drive at all or even leave the home without assistance. Just seeing him you'd never know what he deals with every day. I'm retired and have been his taxi for a lot of Dr. visits and such as his wife works. He was lucky as he had over 30 yr. on the job but was only 52 when injured. He got good advice from family and friends and had a good lawyer from the get go to deal with the agencies. He also had a very good workmans comp. advocate. Yes, he got his disability retirement 1st application but had the typical rejection from SS 1st application. He is slowly beginning to get better but will never be able to work again.

I now have another list for my daily "prayer warrior" chants. Best to all!

10 ga
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Moderator Emeritus

I have gotten out of my routine and you are right, I have gotten my sleep mixed up with half my days. Sorta works though because I have telescopes and an observatory and pull the occasional all nighter if it is clear and not windy.