Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What"s the worst thing you ever ate ?

In Remembrance
    The worst thing I ever choked down was poached eggs. It was at a friends grandmothers and would have been very impolite not to have eaten them.

I don't care for much of anything pickled.
    Their has been many things I refused to stick in my mouth either because of looks or smell, but that wouldn't count.
    The worst thing I ever swallowed (probably at least 10 times) before it ever got in position to be spit back out was a raw oyster.
    Through the southeast for some reason everybody is crazy over boiled peanuts, another spitout food.

I heard about balut years ago, all I can soy is they must have had some very good stuff to drink over there to even get a guy to think about putting that stuff in your mouth.

Boolit Buddy

From Florida originally, but these days it's wherever my RV is parked
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I heard about balut years ago, all I can soy is they must have had some very good stuff to drink over there to even get a guy to think about putting that stuff in your mouth.
    You would be surprised what a lengthy time out at sea plus copious amounts of alcohol plus a bit of peer pressure can result in.
    Home is where the RV is...

"assassinating a leader is morally justified when people have suffered under a tyrant for an extended period of time and has exhausted all legal and peaceful means to overthrow that leader" -- Abraham Lincoln
    Kind of ironic, don't ya' think?

Boolit Master
    Oh man bring on the duck/chicken fetus. With the right dipping sauce is is fantastic. Just don't try to store trays of it at your house or you might wake up to the peeping surprise

Boolit Mold
    When I was way too young to be drinking we got hammered on my friends parents booze. We decided untoasted bread, mushroom sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese would make great microwave pizzas.

They tasted so good we made some the next morning to fight the hangovers. I still can't smell mushrooms lol

Kiwi fruit! Can't stand the furry little beggars. Wife knew that, tried to pass off some hand lotion she bought on me, I could smell it from across the room! True story.....got rid if her!....glad she took that **** with her!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dothedrew57 View Post
    When I was way too young to be drinking we got hammered on my friends parents booze. We decided untoasted bread, mushroom sauce, and shredded cheddar cheese would make great microwave pizzas.

They tasted so good we made some the next morning to fight the hangovers. I still can't smell mushrooms lol
    That is so wrong on so many levels. No Mariana sauce and wrong cheese to start with.

"assassinating a leader is morally justified when people have suffered under a tyrant for an extended period of time and has exhausted all legal and peaceful means to overthrow that leader" -- Abraham Lincoln

Boolit Master

poule d'eau as you call it...I call them mud birds or Coots.The horrific A$$ taste...I stayed out in the bottoms and didn't bring enough food with me, shot a couple coots and tried to eat them OOHH the taste is still there years later.
    I'll eat anything except bugs, worms and Coots

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by randyrat View Post
    poule d'eau as you call it...I call them mud birds or Coots.The horrific A$$ taste...I stayed out in the bottoms and didn't bring enough food with me, shot a couple coots and tried to eat them OOHH the taste is still there years later.
    I'll eat anything except bugs, worms and Coots
    Back in the day when I would ride a motorcycle without a face shield or a windshield, I would have to admit that I've eaten my fair share of bugs around the US -- probably quite a few different species. I would have to say though that the ALL taste terrible and I would speculate that they would still taste terrible even if you wrapped bacon around them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JakeBlanton View Post
    Back in the day when I would ride a motorcycle without a face shield or a windshield, I would have to admit that I've eaten my fair share of bugs around the US -- probably quite a few different species. I would have to say though that the ALL taste terrible and I would speculate that they would still taste terrible even if you wrapped bacon around them.
    Live cockroaches do not taste that great either. There was a convenience store right by my off-site office at NASA. I had stopped by there one morning for a Big Gulp type fountain drink. After I drank the drink, I was eating the ice and it turned out that there was a cockroach in it. I had had a top on it when I was drinking it, so I didn't know it was in there. When I removed the top and started eating the ice, I encountered something kind of crunchy and squishy and rather bitter tasting. I spit it out very quickly and it was obvious that it was a cockroach. Apparently it had been in the ice reservoir and had been dumped into my drink. I think that was the last time I ever got a drink from that store.

I've also had my share of dragonflies when riding my bike through rural areas in East Texas and North Louisiana.
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Boolit Buddy
    In a little town between here and there called Ritzville , off l 90, , sits a dinner, gas station . Every thing in town cost more than it should and truckers seldom fill rigs , but stop to get "enough". Anyway special of the day was fried chicken . I like a plate of fried so I ordered up. I got it quick , like throw it on the plate and nuke it style. Chicken was gray in color and the mashed tatars were half cured plaster. If somebody told me the bird was soaked in a oil drum of 10-30 I would have believed them. The fool ate it , paid. About 40 miles later I got to see it again and at 60 miles in Spokane I was changing shorts. For 3 days I felt like those potatoes had hardened in my gut. That was eight years back, but I will never dine there again.

Boolit Buddy

I think I have ate there!

Scrambled eggs and refried beans.... I just don't like to eat anything that looks like it's been eaten already. Just the smell of scrambled eggs makes me want to puke. Now if you take that egg and bust the yoke and fry it till it's crispy, I will eat it.... as long as it's between two pieces of toast and has mayo and jelly on it with maybe some bacon or sausage. Eggs just don't do that much for me but are ok in cakes and things like that.
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mumblypeg View Post
    Scrambled eggs and refried beans.... I just don't like to eat anything that looks like it's been eaten already. Just the smell of scrambled eggs makes me want to puke. Now if you take that egg and bust the yoke and fry it till it's crispy, I will eat it.... as long as it's between two pieces of toast and has mayo and jelly on it with maybe some bacon or sausage. Eggs just don't do that much for me but are ok in cakes and things like that.
    Mayo and jelly sounds disgusting. I prefer my fried eggs with A-1 sauce on them. Don't like scrambled eggs though. Omelets are good though with ham (or andouille sausage), jalapenos, cheese, and mushrooms.
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shirt View Post
    Ate a live salamander on a 5 dollar bet when I was a kid. Drank a cup of very hot coffee after. 5.00 was a lot of money when I was a 14 year old!
    1Shirt!
    I have a new hero!
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mumblypeg View Post
    This caused an aging neuron to fire, bringing to mind the C-Rations I consumed in my mis-spent youth. Of the twelve different entrees in a case of C's, one was 'scrambled eggs and ham', nick-named by the troops as "Alpo' after the dog food, and despite rumors to the contrary, I never saw a can that said it was actually MADE by Alpo.

I remember that they weren't bad if you could heat 'em and toss on a bit of Tabasco sauce. As both a Cajun AND a tanker, I always had the means to heat my food and I always had Tabasco sauce.

I'd actually trade for ham & eggs. Another favorite of mine that many others rejected was 'ham & lima beans'. the ham was formed slices and the lima beans were these HUGE things. The filed name was 'ham & Motherf***ers' because 'those were the biggest motherf***ing beans I ever saw'. Again, a little heat, a little Tabasco, and life was as good as one could expect in a venue where your meal can in a little cardboard box full of cans.

dale in Louisiana

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by grumman581 View Post
    Live cockroaches do not taste that great either. There was a convenience store right by my off-site office at NASA. I had stopped by there one morning for a Big Gulp type fountain drink. After I drank the drink, I was eating the ice and it turned out that there was a cockroach in it. I had had a top on it when I was drinking it, so I didn't know it was in there. When I removed the top and started eating the ice, I encountered something kind of crunchy and squishy and rather bitter tasting. I spit it out very quickly and it was obvious that it was a cockroach. Apparently it had been in the ice reservoir and had been dumped into my drink. I think that was the last time I ever got a drink from that store.

I've also had my share of dragonflies when riding my bike through rural areas in East Texas and North Louisiana.

ugh, that's worse than the story from a younger girl I dated for a bit. She worked at a convenience store gas station while in college (about 15 years ago). The manager there wouldn't throw any food out. The made the breakfast pizza at night and stuck it uncovered in a nasty walk in. Sometimes they wouldn't use/bake all of the prepared shells with egg and fixings the next day. They sit in the walk in another night and frequently they'd get mold of course with raw egg floating on top. The manager insisted they pick the moldy bits off and bake them anyhow. Her second super gross thing was the soft ice cream machine. A customer complained about green flecks in the soft serve ice cream machine. Apparently they had NEVER emptied and cleaned the ice cream machine the whole time, they'd just add more premix. They pulled it apart and it was packed full of mold.

There is a reason I tend to eat at home!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Boyle View Post
    ugh, that's worse than the story from a younger girl I dated for a bit. She worked at a convenience store gas station while in college (about 15 years ago). The manager there wouldn't throw any food out. The made the breakfast pizza at night and stuck it uncovered in a nasty walk in. Sometimes they wouldn't use/bake all of the prepared shells with egg and fixings the next day. They sit in the walk in another night and frequently they'd get mold of course with raw egg floating on top. The manager insisted they pick the moldy bits off and bake them anyhow. Her second super gross thing was the soft ice cream machine. A customer complained about green flecks in the soft serve ice cream machine. Apparently they had NEVER emptied and cleaned the ice cream machine the whole time, they'd just add more premix. They pulled it apart and it was packed full of mold.

There is a reason I tend to eat at home!
    After hearing these " convience store food preperation " tales ; I swear I am Never going to eat anything from these places....so gross. Old moldy food...cockroaches...green flecks in the softserve icecream. I know not to get the hot dogs that have spent the last 6 months turning on the little hot dog carousel, those just look like they will give you food poisoning.

Gary

Boolit Grand Master

I also see a mentioning of something called LUTEFISK , just what exactly is it and how is it made?

There is/was an all you can eat seafood buffet in Virginia Beach.
    At the time I didn't know that if shell fish don't open when cooked you don't eat them.

I asked the waitress about the closed up mussels. She said that's the way they were. We ended up spending two days longer on "vacation" than planned due to me sleeping off my wishing to die or get better. At least my family had fun.

Ripe, rutty venison.