WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranchdog mold company

Banned

and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their **** when they jumped.

Boolit Master
    Mihec at MP Molds makes a beautiful 6-cavity aluminum mold with the cam lever !
    He is best known for his brass Cramer-style molds but has made several 6-cavity designs in aluminum as well.
    I have a couple. They are very nicely crafted molds simiiar to NOE. The cam lever is machined steel rather than the LEE pot-metal part and contacts the mold body on a hardened screw surface ! All of the spru bolts have set screws.

Since they are/were Group Buy molds you would have a long wait trying to get one "nowadays" !
    MP is your solution ! It is not a quick solution though !

MP 429-255 with KAL handles

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Mold
    I have too subscribe to this thread for future reference,, I have been wondering where and who makes RD mold

Boolit Master
    Why a 3 handle Lee system : easy to answer, its arthritis. Far easier for me to work.

Boolit Master
    http://accuratemolds.com/index.php

This might be a solution of sorts: rifle bullets in light aluminum mold.

Boolit Master
    Tom at Accurate Molds does not make 6-cavity molds or have cam levers available !

Jerry

Boolit Master
    His site shows 5 cavity aluminum so thats as close as I am gonna get it seems.

Maybe I can get the sprue plate modified ?

Boolit Master
    milprileb:

For your reference:

Here is one of my 5-cavity Accurate Molds along with a KAL machined steel cam lever. I reversed the mold in the handles to give you an idea of how you might have to modify things to get what you need.

Jerry

Boolit Buddy
    I feel that Ranch-Dog molds were greatly designed bullets and 6 cavity is nice. I also feel the quality of the 5 cavity NOE mold blocks are much, much higher than the lee blocks. If it is hard for you to use molds that dont have the cam lever spruce cutter you can buy a wooden spruce cutter mallet from NOE and just whack the spruce cutter with it instead of trying to use your hand. Its what I use. Rick!

Moderator Emeritus
    Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not english and I don't eat english food.

Funny things assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
    Dromia: your fate is English food. Enjoy !!!

On second thought, I should not wish that cuisine on anyone.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

Banned

how dare someone call a scottsman english!! might as well call the pope a baptist.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranch Dog View Post
    Greetings guys, don't have a lot of time to participate here but I would like to say that the decision to close my business was entirely personal on my part and did not have anything to do with Lee. I consider myself privileged to have had a rewarding business relationship with the Lee Precision. There is no doubt that Lee would like to include my designs in their product line but the reality is that they don't need to right now as distributor orders for existing designs have occupied their production capacity for months to come.

I also feel lucky to have a similar relationship with Al Nelson at NOE and I'm quite pleased he has a similar interest in my designs. As his business permits, he will be adding my designs in both tumble and standard lube groove variations.
    How are existing, partially paid orders with you being handled? Will you be fulfilling them or is that being handled by NOE as well?

There is a lot of information and other sites that a person could READ and become more educiated before leaping into unfounded conclusions and opinions... would help the members understand that 99% of these assumptions on their part have been discussed and proven or dis-proved years ago... while some of these folks were only a gleam in their parents mind
    I am sorry in advance for my openions in advance. I just have a hard time reading this back and forth between a couple of members that know that their advice has a lot of testing behind it, and some new members that seem to think they "know" the answer to their question before they start the thread...???!!!! IMHO... But do have fun with your experiments...
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo