Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some SOB stole my powder!

Boolit Master

Once a thief always a thief. No matter if you patch things up with the neighbor, he'll snag something that is yours when you least expect it.

In Remembrance

There`s always the old time favorites for discouraging an intruder. Either the burglar trip gun loaded with a blank. The sure fire catcher, the coni-bear bear trap concealed under the door throw rug. A german shepard dog is a very positive deterrant.Robert

Boolit Master
    Gun powder in fire wood, mixed gun powder..........can't think of a better way to find ones self in a courtroom facing jail time. Doesn't matter what the reason is, intent to do bodily harm is a crime that will land you in hot water. Get the trail cam or some other means to identify the thief and go from there.

Boolit Buddy

I was going to make a suggestion, but I'm sure it would be illegal! Can you tell how I feel about dirty, rotten, good for nothing theives?
    Gary

Takeoffs are optional, landings are manditory.

Banned

Here is an inexpensive way to secure your home

http://simplisafe.com/

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    Here is an inexpensive way to secure your home

http://simplisafe.com/
    That looks like a real boon. If it had been around a few years ago it could have saved me beaucoup bucks.

And I'd like to add my being sorry about the theft.
    Twenty five or so years ago somebody broke into my parents' cabin and stole nearly all of my father's fishing gear-- it had been obtained all the way back to the 1930's. It really started his ultimately terminal decline.
    Last edited by g5m; 07-30-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: more

Vendor Sponsor

Trail cam all the way ..picture proof to the cops and you are done .. no legal issues on your end
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Banned

Hard to prove intent with items on your property. Fire wood was bought from some guy that came by, he stacked it, I paid and he left. The tree might have some civil war stuff grown into it.
    With the legal system as it is, if I had to shoot a creep in my house I would wrap the body in plastic and haul it a thousand miles to dump.
    I might like bear traps as a hobby and if a creep gets in one, tough.
    It is still my property and no one is allowed on it without permission. My home is my castle, stay out.
    If I have a pit bull that tears a creep to pieces, how is that different then a trap or looking down my .500 revolver?
    Liberals have given criminals more rights then victims. Not here on my property.

Boolit Master
    Sliders are easy to get through. Lift it up off the track with a crowbar or screwdriver, pull the bottom out. To prevent the door from being lifted or slid open even if they open the lock, you drill the door where it overlaps and put pins in the top and the bottom. Here's a link for sliding windows, but it's the same principal.

I challenge your middle of nowhere, and raise you 5.
    I've never tried this, but have given it thought.

http://burglarbomb.com/
    Guns should only be allowed in places where people don't want to be shot.

Boolit Buddy
    Just make sure it was who you think it was before you make an *** of yourself.

One of my customers at work was telling me about how his neighbor kept stealing stuff from his garage. He started doing spiteful things to his neighbors house like spraying cat urine on the door and childish stuff.... started an all out war with the guy. Turns out the whole time it was his grandkid taking his stuff.

As a long time firefighter/emt, if I stepped in a bear trap hidden under a rug at a door, you would be doing 25 years. I am sorry bout your loss. I lived next to some crackheads for years. My deterrent was a couple of visible cameras under the eves of my house and letting them know that I saw them doing something around my property one time when they knew I wasnt home. After that, no more problems. At least not for me, other neighbors was a different story.
    To much work, not enough time for guns.

Boolit Master
    Well Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate it. It is a very odd feeling knowing someone has been doing this and then you discover who it is!!
    It really gives me a completely new understanding of how women must feel when they are raped.
    However I wasn't raped and I am not the kind of person that turns the other cheek so to speak!!

I have taken care of things completely!

I'm in the 'catch him red handed on camera' school. It is always possible it was someone other than your neighbour. If it wasn't him it would be an idea to secure that slider but if it was him then securing it would mean not catching him. Bit of a dilemma.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Care to tell us how?
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gohon View Post
    Gun powder in fire wood, mixed gun powder..........can't think of a better way to find ones self in a courtroom facing jail time. Doesn't matter what the reason is, intent to do bodily harm is a crime that will land you in hot water. Get the trail cam or some other means to identify the thief and go from there.
    yeah...probably not unless the guy/guys/gal want to admit to trespassing and stolen property. This is on my firewood idea not mixing gunpowder. The firewood wood just scare the pants off someone but the gunpowder could seriously hurt or kill someone.

Judge: "OK, let's hear it"
    Miscreant: "Well, I went onto the guys property to steal some wood and.."
    Judge "Hold on. You trespassed onto private property to commit a felony?"
    Miscreant: "err...um...yeahhhhh"
    Judge: "Bail at $50,000 until the trial. Next"
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned

take a keg of 2400 or 110 and fill it with bullseye. Just make sure you dont forget yourself. Id bet if your quiet about it he will return.

Boolit Master
    As others have said, locks mean nothing, hell I remember when it was common practice to teach prisoners the art of lock smithing so they could get a job when they got out. Or was it pull a job. I have a good friend who was charged for setting a trip wire to a blank firing device because the perp lost control of his bowels. Get the cams its safer and will give you enough to have the vermin charged.

Boolit Master

It`s frustrating I KNOW !!

Set up the trail Camera for sure .

then drill a 1/4" hole & put a bolt thru it , don`t titen it down tite let it spin ,but double nutt it inside .

My visitor stayed & fiddled with it long enuff to fill the memory card on the Camera.

& yes they were lifting it up over the track until the last time (2 visits before) tried the stick in the jamb did`nt stop em , then it dawned on me lifting it up to gain acces.

I now have a survalence camers also & it seems to deter alot of people from doing stuff when they see em.

Sad to say , I can only see it all gettin worse as times change!
    GP100man

Take an empty bottle/keg and fill it with cream of wheat (for weight and texture). Then add a bottle or two of skunk essence...........

I watched a show a while back that showed the guys using black powder to split rails. It made for a nice bang and did split the rail but didn't seem that dangerous otherwise. It (black powder0 might throw a little more debris if in a standard log but smokeless powder likely wouldn't have as violent as an effect and would just make lots of smoke and noise.