Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes, I guess there just aren't enough rocks.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

"CANCER".... the filthiest, most horrible word in our language.

As the survivor (so far) of a number of cancers and surgeries for same, I extend my deepest sympathies.

It's a helpless feeling, watching the onslaught of this horrid condition, and being utterly unable to do anything except offer moral support. All the same, it often seems that the patient truly appreciates the support and, at last mentally, is reinforced in his or her determination to fight it out.

I hope that this applies here and now.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

I am speechless HC! All I can say is that I am here for you and will pray for you and yours.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

I really appreciate the support. At the moment, things are looking good for my wife, at least. The doctors think they got all the cancer surgically, the chemo and radiation are mostly preventative/clean up. Me, not so much, but I can deal with me if she is going to be all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotared View Post
    If you do not mind me asking what symptoms did you have that brought you into the doctor?
    When I eat or drink something, I started getting a pain in my gut just below the sternum. I also was getting gas (burping) WAY out of proportion to whatever it was I ate. After a little bit, the pain would spread around both sides to my back. I also get that feeling that I have grossly overeaten and feel full to the point of the thought of food being unappealing. I have stopped eating much, just to avoid the pain and discomfort. I have lost weight (not a bad thing, in my case!) just due to minimal eating. It is generally better in the morning and I can usually get something down before it gets out of hand. I have found things like milk shakes, pudding, jello, etc. settle a little better, but there are times that I can't eat anything after about noon or so.

Boolit Buddy

Good luck and hang in there. Good news about the wife.