Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finished!

Boolit Mold
    Nice work, really brings back memories when I watched my neighbor build a J3 piper cub in his garage. Are you still able too up the horsepower in planes and label it a experimental aircraft?

WOW!! I liked the other series of pictures you posted a few weeks ago when it was almost done! But these are even better!! Like I said before you do awesome work! I'm sure the pictures don't do the actual plane justice!!
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Moderator Emeritus

very neat project, and by the photo's looks like excellent craftsmanship.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Super Job, awaiting flight pic's
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

JD, you made me go look up the Stewart method. Interesting process.

In case anyone else is interested, here's a link to the Stewart method with tons of pics of the entire process;

http://www.supercubproject.com/afs.aspx

Every flight surface or the entire plane had to have that done to it. It takes a very long time to do.

Here's another link to wikipedia where wing and flight surface covering is discussed in the historical perspective;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_fabric_covering

The planes are back! The nightly air show from air venture comes far enough north for me to see each night. At least the war planes in formation.

JD, if you do make it to next years air venture, I'll make the 10 mile trip down to meet you and take a long, close up look, at the T-craft. I know the limitations of the T-craft. I spent many hours riding in one with my dad in his. He was partners with a fellow worker, they shared the expenses and the hangar rent.

The Canadians sent down a big chunk of their air mass, the temp barely made it to 60 degrees yesterday! Good flying weather for the T-craft. At least those poor suckers at the EAA won't be sweating too much this year!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Congratulations !! Job well done. Now all we need/want is a video of her Maiden.

Boolit Master

Sweet, JD - Sweet...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

Looks great!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    A truly beautiful bird!! Brings back memories of the PA-19 in which I learned to fly and in which I did my first solo flight. That was back in the mid-1960's and although I got my Private Pilot's License at that time, I haven't flown since. But I do miss it dearly. Get that bird licensed and then get up there and punch some holes in the sky!!

sleeper1428

Boolit Master

Nice plane. the first time I got to fly was a Civil Defense exercise with the Civil Air Patrol. We had a Taylorcraft, a Luscombe, a TriPacer, and an old Stinson L-5, that didn't want to fly that day. The Civil Defense guys never showed up, so we spent the rest of the day planning our own missions, and flying. None of those planes looked as good as yours. Great work!!!!

Boolit Master

Put off the book until you go fly a few hours. That looks incredible!!!!!!
    Every shot you get in life counts

Boolit Master
    Looking at the uncovered cowling pics and the finished ramp pictures I don't see any bungees. How does a Taylorcraft main suspension work?
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    Looking at the uncovered cowling pics and the finished ramp pictures I don't see any bungees. How does a Taylorcraft main suspension work?
    They use bungees--I just didn't post any pictures of that phase of restoration. We have the floor set up for a quick remove to serve as an inspection point for annual inspections as the gear bungees need to be checked.