WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is it? Paw print trivia!!

Love Life
    I'm going to go with they were made by manbearpig.

answer please....!!!
    what lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to while lies within us - emerson

Its a wolf bear for sure...or a chupacabra.

cats can leave claw marks in tracks too...

Banned
    I dunno what it is, but it tells me I'm going back the other way.

Boolit Master

Cat track, round. Canine, elongated, narrower. Size, probably a cougar/puma/mountain lion, whatever you want to call it. I shot a 60 # bobcat in '76, its track was not half that. Look at link below. Only thing I see different is the point on the rear pad. This may be a front paw print. They have been sighted all over TX. There have been recorded kills all over south-central to east TX. There is a site that shows all documented sightings and kills.

http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougar.html

Edit TPWD brochure on Mountain Lions in Texas with map of documented kills. Note: only goes to 2005

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...w7000_0232.pdf
    Last edited by gbrown; 07-24-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added information
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by scottiemom View Post
    answer please....!!!
    I'm not sure what it is. When I first saw the track (1st post) I thought it had to be a cat. Then I got the other pictures. Now I'm not sure. Shouldn't be any big cats in that part of Alabama. Shouldn't be any wolves either. It is undeveloped, untouched property with no homes near it.

Boolit Master
    It has all the features of a canine track- none of the features of a feline track. So nope, it's not Mr. Bill and it's not George but I'm strongly suspecting Dolly

Love Life
    What's Dolly doing out rabble rousing late into the evening?

Boolit Master

Didn't realize it was Alabama. Remember, there is a population in FL, not really that far. Look at this. BTW, there are plenty of stories on my deer lease, Jasper Co. E. TX, about cougar sightings. Not sure, never been a big believer, but have seen some questionable tracks. Possible. But the way I see it, as many "Bubbas" and "bubba, jrs".(no offense meant) are in the woods up there, someone would have nailed one and posted on FACEBOOK "Look what I got!". LOL

http://www.fieldandstream.com/pages/...alabama-cougar
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Perma-Banned

malapais,, that is a word that i havent used in a while. Have had a horse or ten turn over with me in them however catching wild cows in Arizona, its never fun being on the underside of a horse wreck, but toss in some black rocks and it takes it to a whole nuther level.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Have you ever seen the black one's that roam the Sabine bottom's ?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    Didn't realize it was Alabama. Remember, there is a population in FL, not really that far. Look at this. BTW, there are plenty of stories on my deer lease, Jasper Co. E. TX, about cougar sightings. Not sure, never been a big believer, but have seen some questionable tracks. Possible. But the way I see it, as many "Bubbas" and "bubba, jrs".(no offense meant) are in the woods up there, someone would have nailed one and posted on FACEBOOK "Look what I got!". LOL

http://www.fieldandstream.com/pages/...alabama-cougar

Boolit Buddy
    I honestly believe that is a mountain lion, puma whatever you want to call it. Look at the main pad print that's a cats paw. Now... I live in pa.. The game commision swears that there are not mountain lions in pa. I have personally heard one scream, my brother saw one walk across the road in front of him and my mother saw one dead on the road on her way to get groceries and on the way home it was gone (she is in a wheelchair or she would have stopped). Lets remember that mountain lions are nomads. They roam...

Boolit Buddy
    Love life please check your pm's

Love Life
    I just checked my PM's, and didn't see anything new.

Boolit Man
    cougar on left and middle, dog on right
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cougar-track3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	77171
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Boolit Master

Gator 45/70 All my life I've heard about them. A buddy and I saw a pair of eyes while rabbit hunting near the Neches river marshes one night. They were red and about 4 inches apart. Watching a rabbit we were aiming at--it disappeared into the night. Never have seen any nor talked to someone who had seen one. Know one was killed on the Sabine years ago. I agree, they are nomads and I've had people on my lease who claim to have seen tracks. I still think that if more were around, somebody would have shot it and the pic posted on Facebook.
    Last edited by gbrown; 07-26-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Adding name