Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wife says I'm weird ???

Boolit Master

When me and my sweety are driving we made a game out of who sees/finds the best treasures.

I've found several toolboxes full of tools one or two at a time, but my best find wasa Sthil chainsaw on the yellow line of a highway. Full of gas and one or two slight road gars. Posted signs all over the area but no one called to identify it so it's mine now. It was shortly after they had a Tv spot that showed a saw falling out of a truch and tumbling down a hill and stopped by a downed tree. The owner drives up and strats the saw to clear the downed tree from the road. How did they know about my saw?
    Lewis AKA Wright Brothers Gunsmiths

"Illegitimus non carborundum"

Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t*rd by the clean end!

Boolit Bub
    I once had a flat in a 66 mustang on the side of a hill. The only thing I had to chock the tires with was a pneumatic orbital sander that I had been caring around in the trunk. I always called it a jitterbug sander. I changed the tire and drove off without my sander. Did any of you guys pick it up?

Boolit Grand Master

If you're looking for a magnetic "hide-a-key" just check a few rough RR crossings.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I saw a piece of 1" aluminum angle iron about 5' long on the side of the road a few days ago. It was on a 4-lane in a high traffic area so I could not stop. I hate it when that happens.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    I once picked up an envelope with the week's reciepts from a business (cash and checks) just inside the entrance to a mall. While I was looking for mall security I spied a very panicked lady holding a ledger running through the mall. I asked if she had lost something and she described the envelope and ID'd the company name. She was SOOO glad to get it back without having to call her boss to tell him she had lost the week's reciepts!

One rainy night I stepped on a wallet in the parking lot at Wallmart. I looked up the guy's name in the phone book and called him. He came back to Wallmart and got it back. When I called he had not yet realized he had lost it. Happy, Happy, Happy guy.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    I saw a piece of 1" aluminum angle iron about 5' long on the side of the road a few days ago. It was on a 4-lane in a high traffic area so I could not stop. I hate it when that happens.
    Couldn't help myself......aluminum angle iron.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez Kelly View Post
    Well... I did just the opposite of everyone else today.

I had a long day, sawing up some downed trees in 92 degree, muggy heat. I off-loaded some equipment and drove away with my tailgate down. I NEVER do that. I was dog tired I guess. Some lady is honking and yelling at me, so I rolled down my window to hear her tell me my Husqvarna chainsaw rolled out of the truck a mile or so back when I rounded a small curve at about 5 mph. She also saw someone stop to pick it up. I went back of course, but it was long gone. I now am $440 shorter and the new owner of a Stihl 290.
    Ya but you have a Stihl. If that's what it takes to get a good saw............ Plastic probably busted when the Husky fell anyway.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Ya but you have a Stihl. If that's what it takes to get a good saw............ Plastic probably busted when the Husky fell anyway.
    Yep, that was the only bright spot. I finally had a good reason to buy a Stihl.

But my Husky was good and broke in... It ran great.

I can't count all the little things I've picked up along side of the road. I also stop and pick up pieces of split hardwood firewood that falls off delivery trucks. that is one more piece for the woodburner I don't have to cut and split. Being I do blacksmithing, I'm always finding pieces of coil springs, flat leaf springs and other pieces of iron that I can use in the future for tinkering projects. last week I picked up a almost new lug nut tire wrench along the road. They make great punches and chisels .....

I often will pull off at busy intersections to look along the berm for wheel weights. This usually produces a small handfull or two. Those add up over time. Orphan wheel weights along the road is a sad thing and they need a home !!
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    Last edited by Ohio Rusty; 07-27-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."