Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swaged bullet consistency

Vendor Sponsor

oh.. as far as your reloading bench solid is good. Check the link I mentioned, you will see his set up. Just a good sturdy table.

Setting the dies for the same desired results??? I provide lock rings for all my dies and threaded base punches to go with a new ram top in the Lee Classic press. I would like to think that repetable results are obtained this way, even when removed and then returned to/from the press. Of course as mentioned already, sitting down and making an entire lot of bullets in one sitting is probably best method for constancy. It is a great benefit to have more then one press. Set up one press for each step of the process. With 3 presses and dies for a typical quality riffle cal bullet you would have the perfect set up. Stage 1- core swage, Stage 2- core seat, Stage 3- point form. Add a 4th if you wish to derim (which by the way benefits from a strong press). With a decent reloading press, like the Lee I can set up each step of the process for only the cost of an additional $100 press. Makes sense again to me but like I said it also pays to explore all options and get exactly what you want. Swage dies are expensive and I have learned with any expensive purchase it is better to only cry once and buy exactly what you want rather then getting anything less.

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 07-17-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Love Life
    BTSniper,

Thank you for stepping in and answering my questions. I hope my OP did not come across as me thinking your dies are sub par or garbage. Far from it!! I have strong Google-Fu and there are quite a bit of reviews of your dies on other forums and all are positive and they are right in competition with other high name die manufacturers. I just had not seen anybody run their swaged (either commercial or rimfire jackets) bullets through tools I thought common to the shooters who would be interested in making the best bullets possible so, I came to the source!

I have some commercial jackets coming for 308, but no dice on .243 yet. The only option I see there right now is to order .224 jackets and get the stuff needed to make them into .243 jackets.

I would love the opportunity to check some of your bullets from your lates 6mm dies. I would gladly send you some 308 jackets in return. I'll PM you.

Vendor Sponsor

No offence at all. You are asking the right questions.

Every day that passes my technique and quality is improving. I continue to excel and strive that someday I will be able to match or top the bench rest shooter's dies and bullet expectations.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Good shooting and swage on!

BT

p.s. 243 jackets will depend on how heavy you wish to make. Sierra 6mm jackets are .810 in length and should make up to 85 grains. I have some and can tell you for certain at a later date. I placed the order with Sierra a while ago before this years mess but it wasn't in stock then either, still I had it in a month or two from them. I am certain they would come threw again, I would certainly prefer that rout over trying to expend 22 cal jackets. For that matter I am very pleased with how my jackets turned out from 22mag or 17 hmr brass and would go that route too before I attempted to expand 22 cal jackets to 243.
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 07-17-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Bub
    RCE Seagirt is not offered on his site anymore. The links I have are dead.

Boolit Master

he is no longer making the Seagirt. He got so far behind and intends to stay a one man shop that he has consolidated his product line to only the walnut hill press.

Vendor Sponsor

That's to bad. The sea girt was a heck of a bargain and a good press. His WH press is good too I'm sure.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!