MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Hornady LNL-AP ez-ject conversion, pre-7000

Boolit Master

Hornady LNL-AP ez-ject conversion, pre-7000

Midway had it on sale, as well as drive hubs and retainer springs for better than 50% off, so I finally got it. I had to get the cordless impact out to break the subplate retainer screws loose, but other than that the install went very smooth. I put my 9mm shell plate back on and wouldn't you know, IT EJECTS THEM!!! I've tried bending eject wires myself, going slower, going faster, making my own wires out of coat hanger, you name it to try and get the darn thing to eject handgun rounds. If you have this press and have the old subplate, get this now. I'm going to have to retrain myself to not grab completed cases by hand and knock them into the bin. It has a bunch of other hardware such as some set screws and clamp-like things, which I assume are used for the case feeder install. I guess I know what's next.

Lol..after a decade of pulling the finished round I finally did the upgrade a month ago...SO nice !!
    Cast Boolit Shooter and Caster

Boolit Master

How do you like the press over all?

Boolit Master
    Wish they had one for the Projector

Boolit Master

USMC (oo-rah!), just to head off the argument...I've never used a Dillion, but hear that they are nice. That being said, I love my LNL-AP. It helps that I got it for free by picking it out of a dumpster I load for enough calibers a fairly small amount at a time that the quick set and take down with the bushing system is a life saver. The powder drop is awesome and I have no problems what-so-ever with the primer feed system. There are plenty of upgrades out there by places line Inline Fabrication if you want more bins, a different handle, lights, etc. I'm also thinking of a ghetto bullet feeder just based on a tube standing on top of the die. I know it might not save a ton of time, but I like the thought of being able to set everything up and load 100 rounds with only having to feed cases. It would remove one more thing for me to do, or screw up, between handle pulls with a minimal amount of work up front.

My only complaint would be that my 9mm Lee crimp die used to hit the ejection wire, but the new subplate fixes that problem. I have a fairly old one with serial number 4xxx, so it was missing a few things I've had to upgrade. Hornady just gave me the majority of the parts to upgrade the primer slide system. It also appears that they have added grease zerks to the linkage pivots since I bought mine. I could fix that easily enough with a drill bit if I was motivated to do so. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the LNL-AP if I had to go purchase a progressive today.