Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Compliments

Boolit Mold

Compliments

I never failed to be amazed by the depth of knowledge the shooters on this site display.

Some of the most esoteric and obscure questions are answered in the most direct and complete fashion I have ever seen.

I am overwhelmed by the amount of original, exact and complete information that is available to the shooting fraternity.

I can only thank the members, and of course the site itself for being so helpful to everyone.

GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    so true,,,,, and yet some it still goes right over the top of my head,,, but the knowledge that is out there* and share here* is overwhelming....GREAT JOB GUYS,,,,,, thats what make this fourm so great

I for one agree!!!!! I live in N Ireland and have been shooting for years and don't know anybody else that casts, hence I don't know a big lot about it. Since coming here I have learned so much, and have found people to be very helpful, and willing to put themselves out to do you a good turn, 45nut and 44Woody to name a couple.

Thanks

Ian

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by ian27 View Post
    I for one agree!!!!! I live in N Ireland and have been shooting for years and don't know anybody else that casts, hence I don't know a big lot about it. Since coming here I have learned so much, and have found people to be very helpful, and willing to put themselves out to do you a good turn, 45nut and 44Woody to name a couple.

Thanks

Ian
    Ian,

Just a simple question.

How did you learn, and get started casting if you know no one who casts.

I learned at the foot of my mentor, who did many things in an unorthodox fashion, but he cast wonderful bullets and tought me his methods.

Did you learn only by reading and through trial and error?

Beau Gee

Beau Gee

I have only recently got the equipment to cast. I got a burner and a pot, but will eventually get a furnace. I am very much a novice and most of what I have learned was by reading and reading and reading on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here that you wouldnt get by just reading a book. It would be nice to have someone show me the ropes, but I know that if I have a problem or something I'm not quite sure on, all I have to do is ask some of the fine fellows here. No doubt I will have a lot of rejects before I get it just right!!!!.

Regards
    Ian

Boolit Master
    Sounds like you guys need to get together for a casting party in N Ireland.

Ian,
    Jump in there and get your feet wet! No better way to learn this Boolit casting, than by the "Hands On Method".

Keep us posted.

Have fun Shooting,
    Jon

Boolit Master

I never had anyone to work with on bullet casting. I learned it all from reading books and writers like Dean Grennell and Harris and Keith many years ago. On the job training was my teacher. I have learned a great deal from this board in just a few years.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Mold

Even more Kudos

Had the occassion to request some info, and instructions from the webmaster.
    I am even more impressed with this web site, than before. Fast, efficient and thoroghly reliable---what customer service.

EVERY BUSINESS SHOULD BE RUN THIS WELL.

I for one have made my first donation to this site (to help offset some of the expenses), and it won't be my last.

I would urge everyone to participate, as a means of paying back for all the help found here.

i also have been helped heaps by this site@also will donate.
    hollow-point .......... member in south australia ...............THE MAN WHO NEVER MADE A MISTAKE NEVER MADE ANYTHING!!!! mature age is a privilige granted to but few!

Boolit Mold

Casting Equpt

Quote Originally Posted by ian27 View Post
    Beau Gee

I have only recently got the equipment to cast. I got a burner and a pot, but will eventually get a furnace. I am very much a novice and most of what I have learned was by reading and reading and reading on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here that you wouldnt get by just reading a book. It would be nice to have someone show me the ropes, but I know that if I have a problem or something I'm not quite sure on, all I have to do is ask some of the fine fellows here. No doubt I will have a lot of rejects before I get it just right!!!!.

Regards
    Ian
    Ian,
    Just a thought, if you'd be interested in some unsolicited advice. Under Casting Equipt on this site see bulk melting setup page two. I listed a pic of my original setup which I have used for many years, and I find it works great.
    Inexpensive home made unit, at a good height to use a chair or stool.
    With this set up I could sit down , cast, and drop bullets into a drop box on a stand next to the barrel with minimal work. All I have to due is shift from the lead pot to the bullet box on my chair.
    Beau Gee