MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best mold in the world

Banned

Lightbulb best mold in the world

This is the best mold in the world, lyman,steel,452488,best handles,steel sproo plate (spell?) 45acp/45colt and iam dont care what you say! Alrite, i am a newbie. hehehe, i'll listen.

Boolit Master

Drive on up here to High Point and I'll let you use some of my custom molds from NOE, Accurate Molds and Miha.

Boolit Grand Master
    And those are the worst handles in the whole world

Banned

Well now wait just a min. triad. I'll let you know i have one NOE (4-speed) for 2 weeks now. 135grRN-F. Iam wantin one of those brass (3speed) accurate molds. I wanta talk to tom. you have his #? So you do like my 4-speed Lyman? I have a 2-speed one also. That boolit sure shoots straight. I ran the putt-putt for my dad up there for 2 years. I got some free passes if ya need any. I made a lot of nice ingots this morning. Got some hi-Tek coming. Buying me a oven saturday.

Banned

As of now, i love that style handles, i think they make your stuff last longer.

Boolit Grand Master
    I hate those nutcracker handles.
    I find them awkward to use. Give me a good traditional style handle any day.

I too have struggled with the nutcracker handles. I can't seem to "jiggle 'em" gently as well as I can with the traditional fork-style, especially long Lee handles. I sometimes have to wallop that round button on the top of the handles to get boolits to release when a little too hot, but otherwise I try to not use 'em unless I must.

Nice pic, Gunoil.
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Buddy
    I'll go with an H&G for my favorite, cast great and love the handles. I think lyman finally figured out their handles were awkward thats why they pretty much copied saeco with their new ones. But it is what it is.
    Last edited by hd09; 06-14-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Boolit Master
    The best quality mold I have ever seen is the one and only Victory mold I have. The Myhec molds are a close second.
    Last edited by Bullshop; 06-14-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Boolit Master
    I admit that I like my 452488 mold as well, but like others, I can't stand the old nutcraker handles, so I replaced them with plier style handles.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Banned

What boolit in 9mm would be same or close as 452488? This boolit changed my xds. Its great. When i coat em with hi-tek, i will call em a bullet. Well, were movin forward. I love micro mini carry pistols. But ive waisted money on some. A mini match of 452488 (best weight) could be shot in 380 and 9.

Member sent me some,98gr approx. cant remember what they are. Miniture 452488.
    Last edited by gunoil; 06-14-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Boolit Master
    I won't enter the handle debate because I like the nutcracker handles, however, I agree that some of the Lyman 4 bangers are certainly the best "for the money", I have most of the 4s they make and love 'em all, heck most of the 2 bangers I like and I've got a mess of 'em. I just like the Lyman STEEL molds(as well as the Saecos).

Boolit Master
    I'll match your Lyman 452488 and raise you an H&G 130... Pretty much the same boolit, but oh, that buttery smooth H&G... the 4-banger has standard scissors handles, but the straight-6 cylinder version uses the H&G nutcracker handles... gets kinda heavy, too...

Boolit Master
    I'm gonna throw my vote in for the Oreo/Miha .402-190 WFN/HP, because I designed it.

Banned

Oh boy, before sandy hook,, ebay was loaded up with H&G's and lot-a-other good molds. I just didnt know or think any of quality molds would be gone. I really just happy ta have the NOE and lyman. I have one NOE blank @ CNC shop local.

One of my favorite web sites:Erick
    http://www.hollowpointmold.com/miscellaneous/

My brass Mihec is the best, then my brass Accurate a very close second, and the bronze goes to my RCBS.

Boolit Master
    Tom has stated that he doesn't much like phone calls. He is busy in the shop and I think he said his hearing is not the best. Phone calls interrupt his shop work and I can assure you his delivery time is hard to beat so what works is best left alone. Go to his web site and send him an e-mail. He is very good at replying usually the same day after the shop work is done. He's never failed to give me the answers I needed and also some helpful recommendations.

Banned

Thanks stocker. I'll send email.

Moderator Emeritus
    The best mould I have has to be one made by Barry Darr for a paper patch boolit to my specification for the 455/577 Martini.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

[QUOTE=gunoil;2261478]This is the best mold in the world, lyman,steel,452488,best handles,steel sproo plate (spell?) 45acp/45colt and iam dont care what you say! Alrite, i am a newbie. hehehe, i'll listen.

Sounds like you have a good Lyman mould. I also lke RCBS and their warranty.